Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey fans of the madness,

I'm curious about what has been released for this game with all its expansions and wanted to take an in-depth look, browse around, see which ideas had been added and when.

Arkham Horror has a great wiki (http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com), does Mansions of Madness something similar, where I can look up everything ?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
http://mansionsofmadness.wikia.com/ - if you really insist on wiki. Not sure why, though. BGG has all the information you need - http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/83330/mansions-of-madness... (Expansion section)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I did not make myself clear, but I intend to take a closer look at single components (cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
There's no comparable resource for Mansions of Madness.

Part of the reason is that Arkham Horror is a lot more modular. You can use the Great Old One from this expansion with the extra board from that expansion and this other new mechanic from a third expansion, and so on.

In Mansions of Madness, things are divided much more discretely into scenarios. An item either comes with the scenario or it doesn't; very few elements can be mixed and matched. Monsters and tiles from expansions can almost never be used in base game scenarios. POD expansions provide you with one scenario and the components for that scenario, and none of the components for that scenario can be used elsewhere.

There are a few exceptions. The two box expansions came with a few extra investigators and some extra combat, trauma, and (in Forbidden Alchemy's case) mythos cards that can be used in any scenario. But those are few enough that it would be neither useful nor interesting to have a wiki about them. And on very rare occasions it's possible to sneak a new monster into an old scenario where it originally didn't exist - but those are the exception, not the rule.

Because of that, Mansions of Madness is generally talked about in terms of individual scenarios rather than individual cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your detailed answer, Roberta !

You're right and I am aware of what you said, but still, I was curious of what's in the other boxes and in the end also available when creating new custom scenarios/stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.