Popular Tags: [View All]
Thumis Dalidalisa
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Browsing through the old WBC yearbooks on the BPA website, it seems that ASL tourney attendees simply declined until ASL no longer made the cut as an event.

But why? Events like Winter Offensive still pull in 100+ attendees. Many of the core audience at WBC seem to me the kind of grognard who also enjoy ASL. It doesn't seem clear why what was once the premier event at AvalonCon would go so steeply downhill.

Is there more of a story here? Does anyone discuss reviving ASL at the WBC?

I am simply curious about this. I like ASLSK but would not join an ASL tournament and am not offering to lead such a revival.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Miner
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASL moved on from WBC because there were so many other opportunities to play at conventions dedicated solely to ASL.

It's not likely to reappear at the WBC, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

If you want to play ASL, go to Winter Offensive in Bowie Maryland in January. I'm usually one of five or six players playing something else, everyone else in the ballroom is playing ASL.

I had a guy stop at my table when I was playing King Philip's War and say, "I could wipe out both sides in that war with one half-track. He began to walk away, but turned around and said, "and a fuel truck. I'd need a fuel truck."

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

I had a guy stop at my table when I was playing King Philip's War and say, "I could wipe out both sides in that war with one half-track. He began to walk away, but turned around and said, "and a fuel truck. I'd need a fuel truck."

S.

Old SNL sketch that I couldn't find on You Tube: What if Spartacus had a Piper Cup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.