Matthias Heil
msg tools
Hi,

The expansion forums seem to be rather quiet. I'm wondering how the 'Coast' card 'Disturbing Collection' is supposed to work with the 'Sunken Seven' villain.
If it's not ok here, please have this post deleted with my most sincere apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alibenbaba wrote:
Hi,

The expansion forums seem to be rather quiet. I'm wondering how the 'Coast' card 'Disturbing Collection' is supposed to work with the 'Sunken Seven' villain.
If it's not ok here, please have this post deleted with my most sincere apologies.

Ask away either place. I suspect most of us who are ATOE fans keep an eye on the expansion forums as well. (I know I try to anyway).

The text of "Disturbing Collection":

Quote:
If the The Widow Jessica is still alive, any time a Minion counter is defeated, stack it here. When the Shadow Track crosses into a new Stage (or if discarded), put each of these Minions out at Random Locations.

If she is dead or joined the Villain, discard and move the Shadow Track 2 steps closer to Darkness.

The Sunken Seven (& any Haunting in general) would be exempt, as they are NOT "Minion Counters".

Pg. 9 "The Coast":
Quote:
It is very important to note that Haunted markers (and any specific Haunting associated with it) DO NOT count as Minion markers...

Pg.13 "The Coast":
Quote:
The 5-6 result on the Sunken Seven Minion Chart is marked as Event/Minion. There are no proper Minions on the chart, but rather Haunted Markers that are placed. Anytime you have a card that requires a 'Minion' result on the chart (such as the Mystery Card Tide of Darkness), use this entry, placing Haunted Markers instead of normal Minions.

The Seven (& the concept of Hauntings in general) is a little confusing, as they are deployed & treated like Minions in a number of ways, but aren't truly Minions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hatfield
United States
Helena
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Moon Sylver answered that one quite adequately. I've nothing more to add on the clarification, other than to say I don't have a problem with people asking questions about other ATOE expansions on here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Heil
msg tools
Quote:
The Sunken Seven (& any Haunting in general) would be exempt, as they are NOT "Minion Counters".

I've triple checked the minion chart, villain card and rulebook - and I can't see which one gave me the idea hauntings would be treated as minions for the Seven.

So, under correct ruling, events like 'March of Darkness' would place 2 new haunting markers on the board and not move the existing ones.

I have to retry that game, thank you Moon Sylver!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nance
msg tools
One rule of thumb is that Minions that follow the standard Minion rules are always square tokens. Circular tokens such as Rats and Bats don't follow the standard Minion rules. Minions drawn out of a Corner Location, such as the Olde Woods, don't behave exactly like Minions because they are discarded if Escaped, and don't trigger Minion Token effects such as Disturbing Collection discussed above. Haunted markers are larger round tokens, but they do not count as Minions in most cases, either.

So while it is strange, a Rats Nest is a standard Minion, so it can be moved when a card effect says so, such as the "March of Darkness" Mystery card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.