Subject: best 2p variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello... I noticed there are several 2p proposals in the variants forum, and I'm wondering if there's a genreally agreed-upon "best 2p variant" amongst them? I'll be doing a runthrough video for Colo soon, and I'm wondering which way I should play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very excited to hear this. I recently bought a NIS copy of this and would LOVE one of your run throughs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Hello... I noticed there are several 2p proposals in the variants forum, and I'm wondering if there's a genreally agreed-upon "best 2p variant" amongst them? I'll be doing a runthrough video for Colo soon, and I'm wondering which way I should play!

Fantastic news! Amazing game!!!

I recently researched the same thing and it seems as though this thread is the most popular and most used method:
/thread/168983/works-great-with-two-players

I used the variation at the bottom of the thread by Rob Stewart (Digital Man). I didn't like the idea of controlling two players each (proposed by other methods). The biggest criticism against the method is placement of the colosseums. Digital Man proposes an idea with rotating double colosseums that I liked. We used all his proposed modifications. It felt pretty good. It seemed like there was a lot more flexibility to go after events than I had experienced in 3 player games. It still worked well.

I also used this thread to understand "intense" auctions. This makes it easier to understand with examples:
/thread/634689/please-explain-the-difference-in-the-normal-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Wernig
Austria
Villach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
I'm very excited to hear this. I recently bought a NIS copy of this and would LOVE one of your run throughs.

Haha, me too!
And awesome to hear you are doing a run through, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really looking forward to this one Richard. Is this still a possibility as something to anticipate for the future? Is there a variant you liked better than others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be trying to get it filmed this month. Turns out we didn't think the variant worked very well at all, but I'll do a 3p runthrough as it was a high level KS request!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
I will be trying to get it filmed this month. Turns out we didn't think the variant worked very well at all, but I'll do a 3p runthrough as it was a high level KS request!

Great news on the filming. I am still undecided on the 2p variant. I was curious to see what you would think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P B
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:

Seems like the trading and auction component would need to be completely rewritten in order to accommodate a 2-player. That being said, I am really excited to see you push ahead with plans to post a run-through. I have this game coming in mail and I am really excited about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Do any of the variants make this game viable to only play it with two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Do any of the variants make this game viable to only play it with two?

The standard rules will work passably for 2p. I've played that way. The auction feels limp that way, tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.