Revolver» Forums » Rules

Subject: A lot of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantin Vasilev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello! I play the English version of game and after reading of all subjects, FAQ and other I still had many questions. You will help?

1. Card Derail the train.
After derail the train of the cards are discarded only in a location of 3:15 express from Rattleshake station or in all locations in the field?
2. In what cases counters of True grit don't rescue the character from death? More precisely, at what played cards?
3. If bandits were lost as a result of operation of the card "I only came along fer the ride" (where it is sacrifice two), it is necessary to remove a cube from the card of the Mexican border or not?
4. Card "Adios, amigo!".
The card of the colonel goes to discard pile or is removed from game? I met in discussions that in English and German versions this card operates differently.
5. If it is necessary to discard a certain number of cards (1,2 or 3) as a result of effect of the card, they need to be discarded only from a hand or it is possible and from a field?

These are the most important for me questions, the part for the present isn't formulated. Excuse for my bad English.
I hope for the help, with the best regards from Russia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowtrooper wrote:
After derail the train of the cards are discarded only in a location of 3:15 express from Rattleshake station or in all locations in the field?

IIRC it's everything on all battlefields.

Quote:
2. In what cases counters of True grit don't rescue the character from death? More precisely, at what played cards?

TG doesn't save against Derail the Train, the sacrifice card for the Colty gang (sacrifice 2 bandits to destroy all lawmen) nor does Ned McReady with TG survive against "Adios, amigo."

Quote:
3. If bandits were lost as a result of operation of the card "I only came along fer the ride" (where it is sacrifice two), it is necessary to remove a cube from the card of the Mexican border or not?

That card is played on the gang's turn, lawmen have to make a kill on their turn to prevent a cube from being removed.

Quote:
4. Card "Adios, amigo!".
The card of the colonel goes to discard pile or is removed from game? I met in discussions that in English and German versions this card operates differently.

I play with what the cards tell me (mine is the English version) and it says "kill Ned McReady", meaning he goes to the discard pile.

Quote:
5. If it is necessary to discard a certain number of cards (1,2 or 3) as a result of effect of the card, they need to be discarded only from a hand or it is possible and from a field?

Hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Snowtrooper wrote:

This is incorrect: The FAQ states:

When Jack Colty derails the train, does this cause all cards to be discarded – even those from previous battlefields?

No. Only those cards at the 3:15 Express from Rattlesnake Creek battlefield (except Sandstorm – if it’s in play) are removed. To
be clear, Jack Colty can only derail the train during his turn – and if he does, any detrimental effects of bandits he doesn’t save
must still be actioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Vasilev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
andy.rice@att.net wrote:
Dam the Man wrote:
Snowtrooper wrote:

This is incorrect: The FAQ states:

When Jack Colty derails the train, does this cause all cards to be discarded – even those from previous battlefields?

No. Only those cards at the 3:15 Express from Rattlesnake Creek battlefield (except Sandstorm – if it’s in play) are removed. To
be clear, Jack Colty can only derail the train during his turn – and if he does, any detrimental effects of bandits he doesn’t save
must still be actioned.

Yes, I too read it in FAQ and among our players there was a dispute about it. Maybe the author will put the end to dispute?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad, wasn't aware there was a 1.4 version of the FAQ blush . That being said, derailing is such a desperation move, times when the ruling would make a difference one way or the other are rarer than rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
After derail the train of the cards are discarded only in a location of 3:15 express from Rattlesnake station or in all locations in the field?

Andrew is correct. Only cards at the 3:15 express from Rattlesnake station battlefield.

Quote:
4. Card "Adios, amigo!".

It does. The German card removes him from the game, the English card moves him to the discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Vasilev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yugblad wrote:
Quote:
After derail the train of the cards are discarded only in a location of 3:15 express from Rattlesnake station or in all locations in the field?

Andrew is correct. Only cards at the 3:15 express from Rattlesnake station battlefield.

Quote:
4. Card "Adios, amigo!".

It does. The German card removes him from the game, the English card moves him to the discard pile.

Thank you, Mark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Vasilev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Finally to close a question, we will sum up the discussion results. It would be desirable to hear comments of the author still.

1. Cards are discarded in opened and discard pile of both players can be looked through. Correct?
2. Not to remove a cube from the card of the Mexican border, the character bandit has to be killed only in a phase of a course of the colonel McReady. Correct?
3. Effects of cards action only on the current battlefield if the return isn't specified them. Correct?
4. Cards which ignore True grit counters:
a) Derail the train
b) Adios, Amigo!
c) I only came along fer the ride
Any of the killed or the sacrifice cards can't be rescued
Correct?
5. The player of Colty can destroy row-blocking cards only on the current battlefield. On future it is impossible. Correct?
6. Derail the train the player of Colty can play the card at any moment of the his turn and additional cards for True grit counters for rescue of bandits shouldn't be discarded. Correct?
7. Derail the train discard the Jackson clan. Correct?
8. Cards can be discarded only from a hand (as a result of action of effect of the card), from a battltfield it is impossible. Correct?
9. Quincey "the Spider" can be moved on some battlefields forward in one turn, having discarded some cards. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Vasilev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Please, any thoughts on the specified questions?
There is a strong wish to play correctly this excellent game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes.
2. I don't understand this question.
3. Yes, though row-blocking cards can be played ahead.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. Yes, to the 1st part of this question - I don't understand the last half.
7. Yes.
8. I don't know what you mean here.
9. Do you mean: one battlefield per card? Then, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Vasilev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yugblad wrote:
1. Yes.
2. I don't understand this question.
3. Yes, though row-blocking cards can be played ahead.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. Yes, to the 1st part of this question - I don't understand the last half.
7. Yes.
8. I don't know what you mean here.
9. Do you mean: one battlefield per card? Then, yes.

Mark,

Thanks a lot for your reply!
I tried to make some of the above mentioned questions more clear.

1) Should I remove the Mexican border token if the bandit was killed during the Colty gang turn? (For example, the Colty gang player played 'I only came along fer the ride' card and sacrificed 2 bandits).

2) Should the additional card for the True grit token be discarded if I want to save Cortez after the activation of the "Derail the Train" card?( Should I discard one or two cards to save Cortez?)

3) I can play "Gatling Gun" card after discarding 2 cards. Can I discard the cards which are placed at the current battlefield?

4) Can I move Quincey "the Spider" on two or more battlefileds during one turn if I discard two or more cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowtrooper wrote:
1) Should I remove the Mexican border token if the bandit was killed during the Colty gang turn? (For example, the Colty gang player played 'I only came along fer the ride' card and sacrificed 2 bandits).

In this case, yes, a cube is removed. McReady has to kill on his turn (either through playing a kill card or outgunning the gang).

Quote:
2) Should the additional card for the True grit token be discarded if I want to save Cortez after the activation of the "Derail the Train" card?( Should I discard one or two cards to save Cortez?)

One.

Quote:
3) I can play "Gatling Gun" card after discarding 2 cards. Can I discard the cards which are placed at the current battlefield?

Have to discard cards from hand.

Quote:
4) Can I move Quincey "the Spider" on two or more battlefileds during one turn if I discard two or more cards?

Yes.

"When can I use Quincey ‘The Spider’ Whitmore’s movement ability?

At any time during your main phase, you may move him multiple times. His ability can be activated from a previous battlefield
– it is always *switched on*." (FAQ, p. 3)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Quote:

Have to discard cards from hand.

Just to clarify, you can discard cards from your battlefield... they just don't count towards the cards you can discard to pay for using other cards. You only discard cards from your battlefields to free up a space after you've reached your card limit there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.