Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Tate
United Kingdom
Banbury
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had a copy of the 1st Edition including Call to Arms fall into my lap recently.

I knew very little about this game before I acquired it other than it was a Richard Borg design, went OOP and then had a 2nd edition which was a bit different from the first...

I've checked the components and they all *seem* to be there apart from the card holders?

Anyone got an idea what this lot is worth? Is it rare or desirable in general? I've no real desire to spend the time to come to grips with it and certainly none of my gaming mates are likely to do that with me either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd check the BGG Marketplace entries for the game. There are a few being sold from the UK as comparisons. Keep in mind that the prices you see in the Marketplace are for games that haven't sold.

BattleLore was in high demand for some time, but now that the 2nd edition is out, I think there's a bit of a schism about whether to embrace the 2nd edition or keep the 1st edition that will probably not see further scenarios and expansions.

I prefer the 1st edition. The 2nd edition adds some neat ideas for setup and deployment, but I don't care for the victory conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a number on sale on Amazon and ebay at high prices. Something like £400 sometimes, although I don't know whether they actually sell at that. Best of luck getting rid of it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One just ended here stateside for about $30.

Second edition brought the prices down.
I'd say try it out, may be worth keeping for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tate
United Kingdom
Banbury
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all for your help! Time to make a decision on what to do I think..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.