Subject: Cards from base game better balanced? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear in the review video's that this box contains some cards from the base game with new and better balanced card texts.

Is this better in a game WITH the expansion, or is that also better balanced in the base game?
In the latter: are the card texts somewhere available on the internet? So I can reprint my old cards.

Thx for the info.

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Every change and the reasoning for each change is specified in the Lost Legion rulebook.

Card text is available at a wikia site or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
Every change and the reasoning for each change is specified in the Lost Legion rulebook.

Card text is available at a wikia site or two.

Each original hero got a new basic action card with the expansion, to help differentiate them and give them a more unique feel. However, you should keep in mind that the base heroes were made slightly stronger because the Lost Legion expansion made the scenarios more difficult, with the inclusion of more difficult enemies/scenarios. If you are only going to be playing with the base game, it should make playing the game easier if you use the base character's new action cards.

Also, a lot of the other changed cards (advanced action cards, spells, artifacts) from the base game have to do with changes made in the expansion. If I were just playing with the base game, I wouldn't worry about changing or updating the cards. That's just me. You can find the card text online pretty easily, as Ben said, and make the decision for yourself.

If at all possible, just buy the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If at all possible, just buy the expansion.

That is all along the intention

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 2 cards (if i recall) got nerfed.
- Tovak Cold toughness, the basic affect attack is no longer a cold attack.
- Horn of wrath. Lost 1 siege attack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Talent also had a significant nerf - the card you discard must the same colour as the spell.
Banner of fear and Wings of Wind were limited as to the number of units they can affect.

Blood Ritual was the only card to get a boost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:

There are others. Without looking at the rules or cards, I remember that In Need got a nice boost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aliallison wrote:
Benkyo wrote:

There are others. Without looking at the rules or cards, I remember that In Need got a nice boost.

True. That is the only other one though. Agility and Refreshing walk only changed to clarify that they can be played outside the move phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Libonati Rocha
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some units received a new text too. The guardians block now counts twice against enemies with swift. they no more ignore the swift ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
Magic Talent also had a significant nerf - the card you discard must the same colour as the spell.
Banner of fear and Wings of Wind were limited as to the number of units they can affect.

These along with the nerf to Horn Of Wrath were all necessary, IMO. Even with the nerfs they are still four of the strongest cards in the game, but before the nerfing they were totally OP.

EDIT: I don't mean to suggest that the game wasn't already awesome or that you NEED the expansion. Infact, I advise people to start with the base game and only get the expansion after you fall in love with the game. What I am suggesting instead, is that the nerfs to those cards absolutely made the game better balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.