Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, i'm in the process of designing some new sectors, discoveries and techs for Eclipse. I see that there are nice template files for photoshop, but i alas, do not have access to photoshop. Does anyone have straight pdffiles (didnt see any) with the BACKS of sector 1,2,3, discoveries,techs or upgrades. Or at least the actual dimensions for them? I think i'm going to be doing some old school cut & paste. Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mackerness
msg tools
I'm in almost exactly the same boat. No photoshop skill so I'd like to copypaste the components from the background up. I have a lot of discoveries, ship parts, techs and developments I'd like to create.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karel Stastny
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that professional graphic designers will roll their eyes but why don't you try Gimp? You can download it at http://www.gimp.org/.

It is not as usable as Photoshop but it's free and you will be able to modify the Photoshop templates there too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mistah Frooza
msg tools
mbmbmb
Aredhel wrote:
I know that professional graphic designers will roll their eyes but why don't you try Gimp? You can download it at http://www.gimp.org/.

It is not as usable as Photoshop but it's free and you will be able to modify the Photoshop templates there too.

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a "professional" graphic designer, but I've been paid more than once to do graphic design and I use GIMP and Inkscape for the majority of my work. I used to use adobe products, and while they have a lot of nice time saving tools and features, at the end of the day GIMP and Inkscape are both pretty darn powerful and you can do a lot with them.

Moral of the story is, you can use GIMP to edit photoshop templates, and if you don't mind a few quirks you should be able to turn stuff out that looks just fine doing so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all, great suggestion!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll never match the backs perfectly for sectors or discoverieas. Its the reason I bought a second copy of Eclipse.

Or were you asking for the backgrounds?

If you were willing to post your ideas and I thought they were cool, I'd gladly make the tiles for you. Unfortunately, so many of these variant ideas die before they make it to playtesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the offer - I'd like to try my hand at some mock-ups for playtesting first. I'm sure you'd do a much finer job on a good final variant piece, so I'll be happy to pass them on to you. i've downloaded GIMP, but now I cant find where i found that lovely set of photoshop templates on file are(created by you, I believe?) is it still floating about on the site here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.