Hide
19 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: That Teri Girl - Blind Booster Reveal 1: Maquis Raider rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael H
msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KKDKYm8FQA - I'll post stats asap.

Gavaroche (Maquis Raider)
Independent
Forward Arc: 90 Back Arc 0
Cost: 22 (20)
3 (2)
Evade, Target Lock, Scan, Battlestations
Action: Disable up to 2 Crew Upgrades and add +1 attack die to each of your attacks this round for each Crew Upgrade you disabled with this action.

Maneuver Dial: Identical to the Ch'tang

Weapon, Personnel, Personnel

Captain:
Michael Eddington
Cost: 4
Skill: 6
Elite Talent: 1

At the start of the game, place three mission tokens on this card.

Action: Target a ship at Range 1-3 and discard 1 Mission token from this card. Target ship rolls -2 attack dice against your ship for each of its attacks this round.

Elite Talent:

Hijack
Action: Discard this card to target a ship at Range 1-2 that is not Cloaked and has no Active Shields. Disable all of your remaining Shields and 1 Crew Upgrade on the target ship. Then steal one Weapon or Tech Upgrade Card of your choice from that ship, even if the Upgrade exceeds your ships' restrictions.

Crew:

Lon Suder
Cost: 2

During the Roll Attack Dice step of the Combat Phase, you may disable this card and spend a Battlestation token to add +1 additional attack die to your attack.

Sakonna
Add an additional 1 Weapon Upgrade slot to your Upgrade bar.

All of your Weapon Upgrades with a cost of 5 or les cost -2 SP

Weapon:

Focused Particle Beam
Range: 1-3
Attack: 3

Attack: Disable this card to perform this attack. During the Roll Attack Dice step of the Combat Phase, if you roll a hit or critical result on each one of your dice with this attack, continue rolling 1 additional dice, one at a time, until you do not roll a hit or critical result (max 3 additional dice). Add all additional hit and critical results from the additional dice to your total for this attack. Any blank or battlestation results from the additional dice are not added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
msg tools
I really like this ship - it's a reasonably tough and evasive weapons platform - that is the kind of ship I'd like to run torpedoes on, but that's just me. I'll take three, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Suder! Love Brad Dourif. I'm always going to use that guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
msg tools
headache62 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KKDKYm8FQA - I'll post stats asap.

Independent
Forward Arc: 90 Back Arc 0
Cost: 22 (20)
3 (2)
Evade, Target Lock, Scan, Battlestations
Action: Disable up to 2 Crew Upgrades and add +1 attack die to each of your attacks this round for each Crew Upgrade you disabled with this action.

Maneuver Dial: Identical as the Ch'tang

Weapon, Personnel, Personnel

I just found a great use for Followers of Khan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
msg tools

Cost: 22
Capt: Khan (5)
Sakonna (2)
Follower of Kahn (1)
Photon Torpedoes 3 (5-2)
Secondary Torpedo Launchers 2 (4-2)

33 points - launches two torpedoes at 7 and 5 attack values if you already have a target lock.

Yeah, I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sakonna
Add an additional 1 Weapon Upgrade slot to your Upgrade bar.

All of your Weapon Upgrades with a cost of 5 or less cost -2 SP

I am glad to see this line so that Transphasics and Quantums aren't included in the -2 SP reduction. Regardless she seems like a pretty solid crew member though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
She pays for herself and gets you a free crew to use for the named ability. I like the looks of the pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
headache62 wrote:

Sakonna (2)
Follower of Kahn (1)
Photon Torpedoes 3 (5-2)

33 points - launches two torpedoes at 7 and 5 attack values if you already have a target lock.

Yeah, I like it.

For an extra 2 points you can have Cyrano Jones, making it 8 and 6 dice for your torps, plus 4 defense dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put Sakonna on a Dominion ship with indy Flagship and Thot Gor.

Free Dorsal Weapons array
Free Plasma Torpedoes (Independent)

No more points to spend but still have weapon slots just add other copies of the above and save having to re-enable them as often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibor Corbett
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
SteRT wrote:
Put Sakonna on a Dominion ship with indy Flagship and Thot Gor.

Free Dorsal Weapons array
Free Plasma Torpedoes (Independent)

No more points to spend but still have weapon slots just add other copies of the above and save having to re-enable them as often.

Not just any dominion ship...
The Gor Portas of doooooom!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Burns
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man. It'll be a crime if we don't get a Thomas Riker who can convert Fed ships to Independent faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
headache62 wrote:

Sakonna (2)
Follower of Kahn (1)
Photon Torpedoes 3 (5-2)

Yeah, I like it.

Then add the Indy-Rom Flagship to get a free Battlestations for Khan to spend on some juicy crits...

And if you're doing that, you might as well toss Joachim into the extra crew slot from the flagship to make sure those crits hurt...

And you've got an extra weapon slot, too, so you might as well toss some Plasma Torps on there for close range and/or after the Photons are disabled and the Secondaries are gone. Reroll blanks, convert BS to crits, choose crits, rinse, repeat...

Now you're up to 53 points. Oof. It'd be a dangerous ship though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Carr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
headache62 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KKDKYm8FQA -
Weapon:

Focused Particle Beam
Range: 1-3
Attack: 3

Attack: Disable this card to perform this attack. During the Roll Attack Dice step of the Combat Phase, if you roll a hit or critical result on each one of your dice with this attack, continue rolling 1 additional dice, one at a time, until you do not roll a hit or critical result (max 3 additional dice). Add all additional hit and critical results from the additional dice to your total for this attack. Any blank or battlestation results from the additional dice are not added.

Can I confirm my reading of this card with you folks?

My read is that if you roll boxcars (i.e. all hits across all the dice) then the roll "explodes" and you roll the bonus dice until you roll a miss. So you roll 3 dice, get 3 hits (or hits and crits) then roll a single exploding die until you get 3 more hits or roll a miss/battlestations... correct?

I ask this because I see a lot of theoretical builds that seem to lean on stacking the dice into this attack, but the goal is not "three hits" its all dice rolled are hits, so a large attack pool actually reduces the changes this attack will go of... much harder to roll 6 hits on 6 dice then it is to roll 3 hits on 3 dice (actually it MIGHT be the same possibility on a dice by dice basis, but at least in practice it seems to be less possible)

Anyway did I get this wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it that way but there's an alternative interpretation in the FAQ thread.

I still think this one is correct though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would also be how I interpret it. If you get lucky you could have a higher upside by adding more dice, but the chances of it going off would seem to be better with just the 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12.5% chance with 3 dice halved for each extra dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The initial three can be modified, correct? Anything after can't be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaron2310 wrote:
The initial three can be modified, correct? Anything after can't be?

No, read the text more carefully, "during the roll attack dice step..."

Basically you only get the extra dice if the first three all come up as natural hits/crits, the modify dice step doesn't kick in until you have finished rolling, so any battle stations or captain/crew abilities that activate in the modify dice step would be applied to your full amount of dice after you have finished rolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
True enough - had only read it once. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.