14 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Rebel 5 Ship? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lanthal Rowning
Australia
flag msg tools
Would there be any value at all in running a 5 ship rebel group?

eg:

Awing Prototype x2
Xwing Rookie x2
Ywing Gold w/ Ion Turret and R2 Astromech

I imagine something like this would get smashed? Might have to give it a go on Vassal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Elhardt
msg tools
Give this list a try, it's being dubbed Imperial Methadone.

3x Blue Squadron Pilots
2x Prototype Pilots

Takes a while to figure out how to fly right, but it's a pretty fun list. Use the A's as blockers and the B's as juggernauts. This list can't joust, the A wings can flank very easily. They need to focus fire very expertly or they won't be taking the B's down fast enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Harvey
msg tools
I ran BBBAA at 2 Imdaar Alpha events this weekend and got 4th at both. It's a fun list for sure. With some more practice I'm sure I could have placed better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat D
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 Ship Rebel is VERY strong.

3B 2A
3X 2Y
2X 1B 2Y

etc...

But you need some firepower and durability. You should give that squad a go and see how it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Justiz

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The winner at my imdaar event ran a 2b2a 1x squad with out any upgrades and dominated all of us. She had some trouble against a Falcon list but otherwise handly won every other match she played to go 4-0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WillHarv wrote:
I ran BBBAA at 2 Imdaar Alpha events this weekend and got 4th at both. It's a fun list for sure. With some more practice I'm sure I could have placed better.

So...many...shields...

Yeah, I'm one of the ones that Will ran over with his list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Harvey
msg tools
Ha. I wouldn't call it running over. Was a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Braggins
msg tools
I ran a AAXXX list on Sunday, ended up coming 7th after losing the tie-breaker game for fourth quite badly to a Wedge/Wes/Biggs list.

Lots of fun to use, an awful lot of potential, but if the X-Wings start to drop (and they will) it starts to hurt a little. I'd briefly considered AAXBB, but I'm not a big fan of the B-Wing...

On the other hand, the extra durability may have won me more games. Ah well, still had fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think these lists will be a lot more viable once rebel aces comes out and we have cheaper A-Wings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
I think these lists will be a lot more viable once rebel aces comes out and we have cheaper A-Wings.

Yes, 4 rookie X-Wings + a 15 point A-Wing costs 99 points.

Even better, 4 Blue B-Wings + a 12 point Head hunter costs 100 points.

3 Blue squad B-Wing + Advanced sensors + 2 head hunters cost 99 points.

The lists go on and on once we get Wave 4 and 4.5.

You can get named pilots in 5 ship builds that still have a punch.
Etahn (32pts)
Blue X2 (44 pts)
Bandit x2 (24 pts)

Or

Cracken (19 pts)
Blue x 3 (66 pts)
Proto A-Wing (15 pts)

or
Etahn + PTL + R2
Green + Refit(-2) + PTL x2
Bandit x2

Yes, all the ships but Etahn have 2 attack, but they all get free crits and the A-Wings with PTL will be hard to hit and easy to get in at range 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
WillHarv wrote:

I'll throw in another vote for this one.
I used it this last weekend and had a lot of fun.
I didn't get any wins, but lost two games on points, and definitely didn't feel overmatched. It's a list I'd easily use again.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John DiMaggio
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, the Rebel swarm is just on the horizon:

Bandit Squadron x 4
Tala Squadron x 4
100 pts

Bandit Squadron x 3
Rookie X-wing x 3
99 pts.

Biggs
Rookie X-wing x 3
Bandit Squadron
100 pts.

Or as Piqsid suggested, a splattering of Z-95's with a big gun will be interesting:

Chewbacca + Gunner + Millenium Falcon
Tala Squadron x 4
100 pts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Richter
Germany
flag msg tools
When preparing for the Imdaar Alpha event, one of the two lists I considered was BBXAA. I actually prefer it over BBBAA - it's 99 squad points, making it more likely to receive initiative and thus having a chance to let those swarms get a taste of their own medicine, blocking the path of their TIEs with the As.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanthal Rowning
Australia
flag msg tools
I ran a BXYAA yesterday at a social game - went pretty well except up against a Phantom who moved around ridiculously.

I ran Blue, Rookie, Prototype x2 and Gold with Ion Turret.

Afterwards, I was thinking about it and I'm going to try subbing out the Ion Turret for a Blaster Turret giving me an extra point to sub out the Rookie for another Blue Squad B-wing for a few more hit points and crit soaks.

True, I'll lose some evasion with the X-wing but I'm hoping that the B-wing will hold out a little longer and still dish out the same damage.

Going to give it a run next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.