United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I always enjoy these then and now photos. This is a cut above the rest though and a must see. Very nicely done.

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/ng-interactive/2014/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sommers
United States
Clinton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
These are great. I especially like the dissolve. It really makes it easy to compare the scenes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Usually these photos are cut in half. Left side historic photo and the right the modern scene. The problem is you're losing half of each photo. With this you can see both in their entirety. Plus the angles of these photos are so dead on location and angle of the historic photos. I want more like this! In fact I found they have more!

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/series/photography-t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sommers
United States
Clinton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Those with the two partial pictures really don't work well. And you're right about the camera angles and locations; amazingly close. I was also struck by how little many of the scenes had changed over the years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I really enjoy is finding pictures of veteran reunions of Gettysburg with the veterans gathered around their monuments. I've walked Gettysburg so much and know the monuments well. Seeing these pictures of the actual men sitting around their monument makes it so when you go there feel like they've only just stepped away right before you arrived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.