Hide
11 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: How long should games take to play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Austin
msg tools
I've now played 8 games with the same person and while we're really still learning... I feel like our games are taking way too long (45-60 minutes per game). How long are games taking for you guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes they are as short as 5 or 10 minutes. But most of the time they are probably 30-60 minutes. It depends a lot on the style of "deck" you play and how aggressive you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
15-30 minutes depending on builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
30 min average from my experience..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twenty to thirty minutes for me, with the occasional five to ten minute game if things go really well for one and really poorly for the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mok Taskmaster

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmb
Playing with my sons (about 30ish games so far) - depending on how aggressive I am, or how defensively they're playing I can either crush them in 10-15 minutes, or we can spend an hour to get to the end-game.

Now when we sit down to play they ask me if I'm going to be aggressive, or take it easy on them. That then changes their style of play for length of time I can expect a single game to take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Rech
Brazil
Santa Cruz do Sul
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First games were about 60 minutes. Last ones were around 40.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games take about 15-20 minutes.

Maybe you guys are both playing slow decks? There are so many strong, cheap cards/dice in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the urge to play with high cost characters is strong, simply for the cool factor, but that slowed things down as I struggled to get that much energy on the table. Once I started making sure I had a few low cost characters in the mix things went faster. Also, buying not so useful actions just for those "2"s helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are playing with Super Rares, specifically Black Widow Tsarina, a game takes about 12 minutes. My buddy and I played 6 games back to back both playing with Tsarina. The games took no more than 12 minutes each with the player going first winning every time.

If neither player is playing with Tsarina, which I would now strongly suggest for casual play, then the game can vary from 15-60 minutes depending on the decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 to 45 min is my experience. It really depends on how defensive the players are being. If everyone attacks as often as possible, the game tends to be much quicker & very "swingy".

The game lends it self to being very customizable. If you want a shorter game knock off 5 points from your starting life. Or use less characters.

Or you can set a game timer & whoever deals the most damage in that time wins.

Another way to make for a quicker game; put ok'd dice in the used zone instead. This can dramatically change strategies tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.