Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know how does "When your turn begins lose [click]" interact with "Play only as your first [click]"?

Example:
Does Wyldeside prevent you from playing Early Bird?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no. If you lose a click you have 3 (or 2 or even fewer)...but you still have a first click
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
no. If you lose a click you have 3 (or 2 or even fewer)...but you still have a first click

Not if you have a Wyldside and 3 HaWs in play whistle.

But yeah, being serious, Wyldside causes you to lose a click, not automatically use your first click, so you're still good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These guys got it. And here's Lukas's seal of approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

On a sidenote it's a shame so many questions get answered on twitter - and basically nowhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
chomoon wrote:
Thanks!

On a sidenote it's a shame so many questions get answered on twitter - and basically nowhere else.

If you're lucky it's answered on Twitter where it's at least publicly viewable. Most of the time Lukas sends the answer to a single person in a private email and doesn't post the answer anywhere at all. If you're lucky, that person will copy the text of Lukas's answer in a BGG thread, and you'll have the privilege of being able to take a random BGG user's word that this is what Lukas said.

What I'm trying to say is that maybe updating the FAQ more than once a year would be wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
chomoon wrote:
Thanks!

If you're lucky it's answered on Twitter where it's at least publicly viewable. Most of the time Lukas sends the answer to a single person in a private email and doesn't post the answer anywhere at all. If you're lucky, that person will copy the text of Lukas's answer in a BGG thread, and you'll have the privilege of being able to take a random BGG user's word that this is what Lukas said.

What I'm trying to say is that maybe updating the FAQ more than once a year would be wise.

This is the same system they use with any other FFG product, and I've never seen a problem with it. I definitely would like the FAQ to update more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jennings
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Same Old Thing? Can you recur a priority event with same old thing, or does that not work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sechen_rob wrote:
How about Same Old Thing? Can you recur a priority event with same old thing, or does that not work?

I would imagine not; you're spending the clicks on SoT and not the event in question. I could be wrong though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
salty53 wrote:
chomoon wrote:
Thanks!

This is the same system they use with any other FFG product, and I've never seen a problem with it. I definitely would like the FAQ to update more often.

I've been mulling over the concept of starting a wiki such that these collected FAQs can be associated with each card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Noel
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
sechen_rob wrote:

I doubt it, Same Old Thing says "[Click], [Click], [Trash]: Play an event card from your heap (paying its play cost)."

So you spent two clicks and then played another card, the first click would have already happened.

If you argue that a card has to resolve fully I think still the answer is no as Early Bird was not your first click, same old thing was.

That's how I'd rule anyway. Come at me, internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jennings
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flowen wrote:
sechen_rob wrote:

I doubt it, Same Old Thing says "[Click], [Click], [Trash]: Play an event card from your heap (paying its play cost)."

So you spent two clicks and then played another card, the first click would have already happened.

If you argue that a card has to resolve fully I think still the answer is no as Early Bird was not your first click, same old thing was.

That's how I'd rule anyway. Come at me, internet.

This was my instinct too. Admittedly, using same old thing to play early bird would be a ... questionable move. On the other hand, you could do it in Ken Tenma along with Hard At Work, Joshua B, and New Angeles City Hall, and have 6 of your cards exactly cancel each other out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.