Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Spyrium» Forums » Rules

Subject: Final Round (C Cards) Buildings Activation Question - I Am Being Dumb - Sorry!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stan Smith
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
Hi All

Firstly apologies if this is a really dumb question, only played a handful of games so may be missing something really silly here!! but my understanding is that in order to purchase a building (from the 3x3 grid) you need to be in phase 2 - ie take off a meeple etc...

If this is the case then for those fews buildings available to purhcase in the final round C - how can you activate them when in your tableu - I thought you had to be in phase 1 to place meeples on the buildings you own

Obviously i only mean the activation buildings and not the prestige buildings etc...

I am sure I am missing something obvious here, it just doesnt seem right as my explanation above would mean those buildings would not be able to be used other than for VP

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Dordas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You place your meeples on buildings in phase 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MisuVir
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smithstan wrote:
I thought you had to be in phase 1 to place meeples on the buildings you own

Incorrect. The buildings already in your tableau are activated in phase 2. The meeples placed on these buildings are not "placed" but are spent from your pool of available workers and set aside as unavailable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Smith
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
I knew I was being dumb!!

Thanks again for the replies guys, looking forward to playing it correctly next time!!!!

Thanks modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As MisuVir says, the key is holding back Meeples during Phase I so that you can (1) go to Phase II early and nab the good stuff and (b) choose to Activate your Buildings with those Meeples and use those Activations to manage the timing of your Market actions. For a fairly straightforward-seeming game Spyrium has a lot of depth.

Last game I played one person went Phase II on his second turn in Round 6. Stole the good stuff before anybody loaded it up with Meeples to push up the price and had loads of Meeples to activate Buildings. We all went WTF?, in the end it didn't come off, but it was a damn close thing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.