Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I got back from Tokyo this morning and had to go to work today. Here's a quick translation of the cards from my notes. I apologize if the translation is off. I did this in the span of 20 minutes.

I'll clean up the vernacular later to have it coincide with the rest of the cards in the game.

Note: In this game, the cards refer to landmarks. They mean the goal landmark cards. They have a brown tower icon. The cards that refer to bought landmarks from the market stack are noted with a purple tower icon.

----------
Card Number. Card name. (COLOR/icon type). Cost amount.
----------

2. General Store. (G/shop). Cost 0.
- On your turn, If you have between 0-1 constructed landmarks, you get 2 coins.

3-4. Corn Field. (B/field). Cost 2.
- If you have 0-1 constructed landmarks, you get 1 coin.

4. Remodeling Shop. (G/briefcase). Cost 2.
- On you turn, you must return one of your constructed landmarks to its unconstructed state if possible (to its reverse side; flip it over). When you do, you get 8 coins.

Note: The City Hall (plus/harbor expansion) is not a legal target for this as it has no unconstructed state.

5. High Class French Restaurant. (R/cafe). Cost 3.
- If the player who rolled this number has 2 or more constructed landmarks, that player pays you 5 coins.

5-6. Money Lending Office. (G/briefcase). Cost 0.
- When you build this building, you get 5 coins. On your turn, if you roll these numbers, you pay 2 coins to the bank.

7. Grape Vineyard. (B/field). Cost 3.
- When this number is rolled, you get 3 coins.

8. Cleaning Company. (P/tower). Cost 4.
- On your turn, choose a non-(purple tower icon) building, place all players' buildings of that type on vacation [ed. note: tap to signify]. You get 1 coin for each of those buildings. [ed. note: you get no coins for buildings that were previously on vacation.]

"On Vacation" is a new effect for this expansion. A building "on vacation" has its effect nullified as long as it is on vacation. Your building comes back from vacation when that building is next triggered (but to no effect). For example, if all players' Convenience stores (4. base game. Green card.) are on vacation and you roll a 4, your convenience stores come back from vacation but without trigerring their effect; all other players' convenience stores stay on vacation as their stores do not trigger during your roll.

Note that though the cards have no effect, they still count for other cards that look for them. For example, the Cheese factory (7. base game) still counts all Dairy farms (2. base game) on vacation for its effect.

9. Winery. (G/factory). Cost 3.
- On your turn, you get 6 coins for each grape vineyard you own. Then, place this card on vacation.

9-10. Moving company. (G/briefcase). Cost 2.
- On your turn, you must give a non-(purple tower icon) building that you own to another player. When you do, you get 4 coins from the bank.

Note: The moving company can also be a target for this effect. So, in essence, you will always be able to do this effect.

10. IT Venture. (P/tower). Cost 1.
- If you own this building at the end of your turn, you may place 1 coin on this card. The next time you roll this number, count all the coins that have been placed on all players' IT Venture buildings. You receive an equal number of coins from the bank. (The coins on the card stay on the card and belong to no players)

10. International Exhibition Hall. (P/tower). Cost 7.
(NOTE: THIS IS A PROMO CARD. THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE IN PLAY)
- On your turn, you may choose to receive the benefit of another non-(purple tower icon) building you own in place of this one. If you do, return this building to the market stack.

11. Drink Factory. (G/factory). Cost 5.
- On your turn, you gain 1 coin for every (cafe icon) all players own. (money comes from the bank)

11-13. Park. (P/tower). Cost 3.
- On your turn, gather everyone's coins and redistribute them evenly among all players. If uneven, take the difference from the bank to make it even.

12-14. Private Member's BAR. (R/cafe). Cost 4.
- If the player who rolled this has 3 or more finished landmarks, you get all his/her coins.

----------

I'll clean this up later. I was also notified that this will be the last expansion for this amazing game.

Take Care, everyone!

-Zen

---------

edit: Translations done! Cleared up a few of the card questions and fixed a horrid mistranslation on my part. I apologize for any trouble this may have caused. All the cards are now correct.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Card Translations [WIP]
Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Savage
United States
Wauseon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:

- On your turn, if you have 0-1 finished landmarks, you get 1 coin.

With the Corn Field being a blue card, shouldn't it be that you get 1 coin on anyone's turn that a 3 or 4 is rolled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eightoclock wrote:
zenxacred wrote:

- On your turn, if you have 0-1 finished landmarks, you get 1 coin.

With the Corn Field being a blue card, shouldn't it be that you get 1 coin on anyone's turn that a 3 or 4 is rolled?

And this is why, I still need to do edits. Thanks! will change it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First impression on cards:

Corn field is very useful in early stage. A must buy for all.

General Store is free but not that useful (corn field is much better)

Remodeling shop is good with harbor expansion. Basically, you get 6 coins with harbor. (spend 2 coins to rebuild the harbor immediately)

French restaurant is another must buy as it's the only "5" card beside Forest.

Vineyard is too powerful. A blue card of "7" is like a dream card, not to mention it yields another 6 coins if you have winery.

Money Lending office is useless. I doubt anyone will buy it.

Cleaning business is useless. Choosing one non-landmark tower icon building = purple card. Since you can only have one purple card for each type, that means you can gain only one coin from vacation. What the...?

Moving company is ridiculous powerful. It costs only two coins but you can get 12 - 60 coins for each roll in a 4P game, not to mention you can buy more than one cards.

IT venture - I assume you take one coin from the bank each turn & get these coins once you roll this card, otherwise placing your own coins & get your coins back is pointless.

Exhibition Hall is a good idea. It's like a one-time use wild card but the cost is too high (7 coins?). Since you can only activate one purple card for this, you actually don't get much after deducting the cost of 7 coins.

Drink Factory is too costly (5 coins?) for a green card of "11"

Park is a joke I think. It's the only purple card which can harm the rolling player.

Private member's bar is ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Money Lending office is useless. I doubt anyone will buy it.

Quick 5 coins and there are cards which you can use to trade this building away.

Quote:

Cleaning business is useless. Choosing one non-landmark tower icon building = purple card. Since you can only have one purple card for each type, that means you can gain only one coin from vacation. What the...?

To clarify the card ability:
-You choose a non-landmark(tower icon) card; which is every card that is not the goal cards or the purple ones (let's say the blue 2 from the base game). All those cards go on "vacation". You get 1 coin for each. So max 6 coins.

Quote:
Moving company is ridiculous powerful. It costs only two coins but you can get 12 - 60 coins for each roll in a 4P game, not to mention you can buy more than one cards.

It is powerful. But you know you can only buy/build one building on your turn, yes? On your build phase, you can buy/build one card from the market or one of your unfinished landmarks.

Quote:
IT venture - I assume you take one coin from the bank each turn & get these coins once you roll this card, otherwise placing your own coins & get your coins back is pointless.

No. Your own coins, from the pool. Which means that money is invested and cannot be used to pay. So theoretically, you can store all your money one these ventures and be protected from the cards that make you pay other players since you have no actual money.

Quote:
Exhibition Hall is a good idea. It's like a one-time use wild card but the cost is too high (7 coins?). Since you can only activate one purple card for this, you actually don't get much after deducting the cost of 7 coins.

7 coins is worth it for this card. You can choose to activate any other card you own instead of this ability. For example, you invested in 2's (base game) and you have a ton of 7's (base game) but for the life of you, you couldn't roll a damn 7. Roll a 10 and use this ability and choose to activate the 7. MONEY.

Quote:
Drink Factory is too costly (5 coins?) for a green card of "11"

Small revenge for those who keep buying red cards I guess.

Quote:
Park is a joke I think. It's the only purple card which can harm the rolling player.

It can do both. Mostly it's to level the playing field...

Quote:
Private member's bar is ok.

..like if you got hit by this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Park is 11-13, which means it can hit the same rolls as the big fishing boat. I'm not sure about the order, but assuming you get to divide that money, this is a very good weapon against players using the boats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
Also, Park is 11-13, which means it can hit the same rolls as the big fishing boat. I'm not sure about the order, but assuming you get to divide that money, this is a very good weapon against players using the boats.

Since it's purple, it activates only on your turn, so it's safe to assume that when you distribute, you start with you. At the end of the effect, everyone will have the same amount of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, it's purple (I was thinking it's green, for some reason). Then it's clear, since the order of resolution is red, green and blue, purple. So yes, if your opponents have tons of heavy fishing going on, Park is a very good solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I forget you can trade the card out. Then this card is like a plague card which makes the business complex card a must buy.

You meant any non-landmark cards or non-purple cards can be put on vacation? Then it makes sense. The question is when to put these buildings back to normal?

I don't mean you can buy more than one cards in each turn. I meant this card is ridiculous powerful, yet people can keep more than one of this card.

Now I see the point of protecting your own cash, but you can't spend these cash anytime as you wish. You need to roll a "10" to get your cash back. I doubt the function of this card worths it or not.

Oh I misunderstand that only purple cards can be activated (I think non-landmark tower icon cards = purple cards). Yes, if any other cards can be activated, then it's a good wild card.

It's not quite a revenge since the coins are from the bank, not from the red card owners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree - Moving Company is very powerful, especially in the end game and at two coins is an auto-buy, if it appears on the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You meant any non-landmark cards or non-purple cards can be put on vacation? Then it makes sense. The question is when to put these buildings back to normal?

Still trying to piece this one out. I'll definitely edit once I do.

Quote:
I don't mean you can buy more than one cards in each turn. I meant this card is ridiculous powerful, yet people can keep more than one of this card.

True, but note that it counts finished landmarks and not purple cards. So that's at least something. and I just saw that I didn't put finished. editing... It does say finished landmarks...

Quote:
It's not quite a revenge since the coins are from the bank, not from the red card owners.

The coins only come from the bank if the money is uneven between the players. the bank fills in the difference. For example, if after gathering all the players' money in a 4p game there is a total of 57 money to be distributed, take 3 money from the bank to make an even 60 money. Then evenly distribute the money amongst the players; in this example 15 money/player. 58, though an even number, will produce 14.5 money per player; since there are no half denominations, we go to 60.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For moving company, if playing with harbor expansion, everyone got at least one finished landmark (City Hall is built at start). That is 12 coins for a 4-P game. Now assuming everyone built two more landmarks (harbor & train staion are easy to build), you get 36 coins. With 36 coins, you can build the airport instantly. Let's imagine you buy one more moving company....

The small revenge & money comes from bank refers to Drink Factory, not Park.
With the same cost, I think Publisher is way better than Drink Factory considering "7" is easier to roll than "11", not to mention you get coins for shop icons too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Publisher is very good. Compare to TV Station - it's better on every aspect. Only benefit - and that is occasionally a drawback - Drink Factory has is that the money comes from the bank, so you get your money, even if your opponents are poor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Translations done! Sorry for the mistranslation! All the cards are now correct and looking over them, they seem to be balanced with the new effect.

Please discuss at length.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Moving Company changed quite a bit. Now it's a funny card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just noticed one thing:
zenxacred wrote:
- On you turn, you must return one of your constructed landmarks to its unconstructed state if possible (to its reverse side; flip it over). When you do, you get 8 coins.

Note: The harbor is not a legal target for this as it has no unconstructed state.

I think you mean the City Hall (in the Harbor expansion)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikelietz wrote:
Just noticed one thing:
zenxacred wrote:

Note: The harbor is not a legal target for this as it has no unconstructed state.

I think you mean the City Hall (in the Harbor expansion)?

Yep. City hall. fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
I was also notified that this will be the last expansion for this amazing game.

Thanks for the awesome work!! Kind of sad to hear this though... cry

I guess there's only so much that can be done before it get's too muddled up... since there were more icons like the boat and briefcase icon, I thought theses would be incorporated a little more is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While the translation may be literally correct, I'd think "renovate" might be a better term in English than "vacation" for the game effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, "between" 0-1... would be 1/2. So I would think it should read "if you have less than 2..." Or, "if you have either 0-1 ..."

Or am I being too technical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:
Technically, "between" 0-1... would be 1/2. So I would think it should read "if you have less than 2..." Or, "if you have either 0-1 ..."

Or am I being too technical?

The card is technical actually. It literally says 0-1. xD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the base game and the 2 expansions last week. Once I had them in hand, I decided that I wanted all of my English card paste-ups to match (I'm weird like that), so instead of just printing the ones already available, I made my own from the card info available on BGG (Including yours Zen! Thanks for translating them so quickly!)

I want to upload a PDF of the paste-ups so others can use them if they want, but since it includes all 3 games in one file, I wasn't sure if I should upload it just to the base game's files, just to this expansion's files since the other 2 already have paste-up files available, or maybe to all 3? It's a weird situation...any thoughts on what would work best?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just add it to the base game. you're welcome for the translations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
Just add it to the base game. you're welcome for the translations.

Awesome! I'll submit it to the base game tonight

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.