Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Isenhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you flip a boost in the Opposition Flips Cards event that adds a new opposition fleet ship to a different sector, does that new ship in the new sector count as an unengaged opposition ship that requires you to flip a station card?

Also, a different timing question that I think I know the answer to but thought I would check with other folks on: Is there a time when you can play a boost after the start of a phase but before the first Event of that phase? This came up with the boost called (I think) "nevermind the odds" which prevents all energy loss that phase. There was a Battle Phase Action Event that removed energy, but by my reading the only way this could work is if there is a chance to play boosts after the phase starts. The book says you can play boosts AFTER any event, which implies that you can't play this boost to block any phase action damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ShawnI wrote:
If you flip a boost in the Opposition Flips Cards event that adds a new opposition fleet ship to a different sector, does that new ship in the new sector count as an unengaged opposition ship that requires you to flip a station card?

Also, a different timing question that I think I know the answer to but thought I would check with other folks on: Is there a time when you can play a boost after the start of a phase but before the first Event of that phase? This came up with the boost called (I think) "nevermind the odds" which prevents all energy loss that phase. There was a Battle Phase Action Event that removed energy, but by my reading the only way this could work is if there is a chance to play boosts after the phase starts. The book says you can play boosts AFTER any event, which implies that you can't play this boost to block any phase action damage.

If you flip a ship during the Aftermath flipping event, they don't count toward flipping more cards. However, if a new ship shows up during the Icon activation before the flip event, then that would count as an unengaged ship.

You can play boosts after the Icon Activation phase and before the next event. You can't use Nevermind the Odds to get out of any damage coming from Phase Icons, but you can use it either to prevent damage in the damage calc event of the Battle phase, or during the flip event in the Aftermath are both good choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Castro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
That's interesting, because we came across the same thing (in both cases). As far as Opposition ships being played before the flipping event (but after the Battle phase), we decided to NOT count them as unengaged ships because we didn't have a chance to engage them. In the game we were playing, this was happening all the time, so we would have quickly had our sectors overrun. So we played it wrong, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pydro
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Yes. If a Ship enters play during the Activate A Icons Event, it is considered unengaged, and will flip cards. This makes the Vindicator and Omega particularly scary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pydro wrote:
Yes. If a Ship enters play during the Activate A Icons Event, it is considered unengaged, and will flip cards. This makes the Vindicator and Omega particularly scary.

Exactly. It's a really nasty effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.