Popular Tags: [View All]
Edwin Ng
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I just played my first brass game with 2 friends, I am taking a look back and see if I have played anything wrong.

I notice that all 3 of us obtain 30 pounds per round income in early rail period (2-3 rounds in rail period)
Is this normal?

When I flip the factory and if the income is 4 inside the orange circle, does it mean i move 4 blocks in the income track, or does it mean I go from 0 pounds to 4 pounds (this is probably worth 8 blocks)(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
You move up 4 squares on the income track, which might move you up 1 color group on the income track, increasing your turnly income by +1.

You do not move up 4 color groups, which would increase the value of your turnly income by +4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Radic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you flip you factory and, for example,you have number 4 in a orange circle - them you move 4 spaces not 4 colorend bands,at income track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Misson
United Kingdom
Southport
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, Southport is in Lancashire.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's perfectly normal to not get all the rules 1st play.
Its very rare to hit £30 at all. Cant remember doing it ever in about 500 plays.
Typically going for high income results in low vps and costs you the game. The loss of actions in taking loans is offset by the higher vps available from costly industries. Coal is typically there to only offset interest from loans.
Also I reckon that its pretty near impossible to score that many income points anyhow. Putting all is coal down gives only 40 and there is no way it will all flip that early.
Its hard not to build some canals - did you remember the 1 industry per town during canal rule too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.