the1whowas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies if these questions has been answered elsewhere, but I haven't had much luck searching the BGG or Paizo forums or the FAQ to answer these specific issues.

1. When making an attack using an attack spell such as Force Missile with Ezren, the card says "For your combat check, discard this card to roll your Arcane die...." His Arcane die is his Intelligence, but do I also add the +2 from his Arcane skill to the final result?

2. And does using Force Missile as an attack count as an "Arcane check" for purposes of Ezren's Evoker power that reads "Add 2 to your Arcane check with the Force...trait(s)."

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the1whowas wrote:
1. When making an attack using an attack spell such as Force Missile with Ezren, the card says "For your combat check, discard this card to roll your Arcane die...." His Arcane die is his Intelligence, but do I also add the +2 from his Arcane skill to the final result?

Yes. His Arcane die is actually a d12. His Arcane skill consists of that die plus the modifiers. So he gets to add in his Arcane modifier (+2) and since his Arcane skill refers to his Intelligence, he gets to add in Intelligence modifiers.

Here is a longer discussion about all that.

the1whowas wrote:
2. And does using Force Missile as an attack count as an "Arcane check" for purposes of Ezren's Evoker power that reads "Add 2 to your Arcane check with the Force...trait(s)."

Yes. X check means that either the skill or trait of X is present in the check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. But really you are rolling D12 and adding the bonus after the roll. Subtle difference, but it's been discussed on this forum recently.

2) If the card that determines your die has the Arcane trait then your Check also has the Arcane trait.

What a surprise: ninja by Hawkmoon269
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the1whowas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. Thank you both for the answers. The explanations make sense to me, and seem to match up with what I was reading in the forums/FAQ.

PACG has been a really fun game so far, and I like to make sure I'm following the rules consistently so that when I start playing a second time through, I'm not having to jump to the computer as often to look up some of the more complicated situations.

The game also has a very nice and helpful community, as evidenced by the two of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.