26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: Boston, MA Yard Sale 6/7 with TONS of Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Perry
msg tools
Hey everyone! I'm moving to Texas and decided to dump my considerable game collection for cheap cheap cheap, so I'm selling them at a family member's yard sale this Saturday 6/7 9AM to 2PM, with a rain date of 6/8.

34 Summit Ave
Everett, MA 02149

Most of the stuff is selling for 10 bucks, with some exceptions (I have ALL netrunner expansions in one box so that will probably cost 50 bucks or so)

Here's some of the games I'm selling

Level 7 - Escape
Netrunner + All Expansions
Paths of Glory
Space Hulk
Nations
Archipelago
Labyrinth
Mr Jack
A Study in Emerald
Eclipse
Le Havre
Age of Steam
East Front
Die Macher
Europe Engulfed
Asia Engulfed
The Republic of Rome
Battlestar Galactica
Wizard Kings (with expansions)
Totaler Krieg
Dominion with All Expansions
and about 3 times more games

So if you want to buy a bunch of cheap games in relatively good condition (some of them have had their d6's pilfered) come down to Everett this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gerstbrein
United States
Granby
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I am so smart. S M R T !!!
badge
Be real!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I was closer. Best of luck with the sale and move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I lived in Everett until I was 2 years old. Based on my connection to that city and the fact that I love games, maybe I will come by and take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Burlington, MA this week on business but will be driving back to Maine Friday around noon. Any chance of me stopping by during the evening this week to take a look? I'll definitely buy a few at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Knowles
United States
Feeding Hills
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jperry82 wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm moving to Texas and decided to dump my considerable game collection for cheap cheap cheap, so I'm selling them at a family member's yard sale this Saturday 6/7 9AM to 2PM, with a rain date of 6/8.

34 Summit Ave
Everett, MA 02149

Most of the stuff is selling for 10 bucks, with some exceptions (I have ALL netrunner expansions in one box so that will probably cost 50 bucks or so)

Level 7 - Escape
Paths of Glory
Space Hulk
Nations
Archipelago
Labyrinth
Mr Jack
A Study in Emerald
Eclipse
Le Havre
Age of Steam
East Front
Die Macher
Europe Engulfed
Asia Engulfed
The Republic of Rome
Battlestar Galactica
Totaler Krieg

So if you want to buy a bunch of cheap games in relatively good condition (some of them have had their d6's pilfered) come down to Everett this weekend.

I left you a geekmail stating I would buy them all off of you but you didn't reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BoardGamer2008 wrote:
jperry82 wrote:

34 Summit Ave
Everett, MA 02149

Level 7 - Escape
Paths of Glory
Space Hulk
Nations
Archipelago
Labyrinth
Mr Jack
A Study in Emerald
Eclipse
Le Havre
Age of Steam
East Front
Die Macher
Europe Engulfed
Asia Engulfed
The Republic of Rome
Battlestar Galactica
Totaler Krieg

I left you a geekmail stating I would buy them all off of you but you didn't reply.

I remain skeptical of this poster. Older account with no activity for years, then a post virtually giving away games. It looks like someone listed games in the $75+ region. I doubt someone would list Dominion and all expansions for $10. I could be wrong but if it quacks....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tamm
United States
boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i emailed him too and haven't heard back. has anyone heard back from him? 9am is wicked early for me to be some place if this isn't for real.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw his last login was the day of the post so unless he went in and changed his options to forward geekmails to his registered email, he won't get them

as for the address, whoever's house it is was just purchased last July and doesn't appear to be on the market now... could be his parents or someone else's house and he's just renting

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/34-Oakland-Ave-Everett-MA-...

interestingly last September it "sold" for $1 which usually means it was a transfer maybe from one spouse to another

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Massachusetts/Everett/sold/12753...

in any case fwiw unless someone is pranking the folks who live there the yard sale is advertised outside of this post...

http://garagesalefinder.com/s/X7w1/34-summit-ave-everett-ma-...

Yard/Estate Sale Saturday 6/7

Date: Saturday, June 7, 2014
Address: 34 Summit Ave, Everett, MA

Huge yard sale selling from multiple homes, we have Antiques, Collectibles, Jewelry, Furniture, Military Items, Tools (old and new), Purses, Toys, Board Games, and more as well as free books. Everything needs to be sold, all reasonable offers accepted!

34 Summit Ave Everett
Saturday 6/7 9-2, Raindate Sunday 6/8 9-2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
playgirl64 wrote:
9am is wicked early

"Wicked early" . . . I love living in Massachusetts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped by. The listing is legitimate. Unfortunately, there was nothing there of interest to me when I arrived -- at 9:15 just 15 minutes after the sale began.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Brown
United States
Middleton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biarien wrote:
I stopped by. The listing is legitimate. Unfortunately, there was nothing there of interest to me when I arrived -- at 9:15 just 15 minutes after the sale began.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. I wasn't sure it would've been worth the drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
browntomp wrote:
Biarien wrote:

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. I wasn't sure it would've been worth the drive.

As it happens, I had decided to take a hike in the Middlesex Fells this morning (bad idea; there are about 74,000 mosquitos per square foot, at least in the morning), so it was just a few extra minutes and miles to stop by. When I arrived, someone was purchasing Android: Netrunner (I might have considered it for the right price to play with my wife, but the theme is a bit of a put-off for me, unfortunately; not very into tech stuff) and six or seven other games. A number of wargames, Diplomacy, and others I don't remember were left, but I was hoping to find Die Macher (never played or even seen it, but I know it's a classic), Dominion (have a friend with only the base game, so I was thinking I might pick up the expansions for cheap as a gift), or other "mainstream" games for gifts, but no luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tamm
United States
boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biarien wrote:

expecting a lot of interest, i showed up early, around 8:15am, and bought over 40 games (counting expansions) for $400. an unbelievable deal!

also, i asked if he received emails of his geekmail and he doesn't. he said he's bought and sold collections a couple of times before when he's made a major move. after he arrives in texas, he'll begin rebuilding his collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Perry
msg tools
Thanks to everyone for stopping by, glad to see a bunch of games go to other fans of the medium, all of whom were awesome people as expected! Shockingly I still have like 30 games left, so I will be posting an update (mostly war games, CDGs, block games, though somehow no one bought Arkham Horror or Duel of Ages... or Conquest of the Empire) with some prices if people want to swing by Everett to come get them.

As for whoever posted "It's foolish..." - ... don't be a judgmental jerk! That is all.

Also apologies to people who messaged me, I am getting ready to move and super, extremely busy (hence selling things fast and cheap) and rarely log in to boardgamegeek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Perry
msg tools
also wow props to Jeff Michaurd for all that research. Damn man you are thorough, hope you were one of the people that swung by and got something you wanted, haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwill2 wrote:
It's foolish to sell for so cheap when he could have probably sold them all in 15 minutes for twice the price, sold them as a lot to someone here, or priced them realistically and still sold them all by the end of the day.

Someone got a heck of a bargain this morning.

Selling things is easy. Actually getting the items to the people who bought them can take a lot more time. I ran an auction shortly before moving and honestly might not have done so if I realized how much time and effort it would take to quote shipping, get total prices to everybody, wait for payment and shipping addresses to come in, find boxes, pack boxes, ship boxes. I got more money for fewer games, but it cost me more than a couple evenings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Perry
msg tools
Leftover games: http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/tag/4509689982.html

Craiglist because moderator deleted my list on BGG telling me to use the marketplace, which does not work for me and the moderator message does not allow appeal. Please do PM or email if you would like to buy anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizard Kings + 4 Expansions: $10! wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Teixeira
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you end up in or near Dallas, be sure to check out Dallas Games Marathon (a board gaming community center) and the nearby Madness Games and Comics store. Both have regular gaming meet ups and are always welcoming of new players.

Both Austin and Houston have great board gaming communities too.

All the best with your sale and move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
jperry82 wrote:
also wow props to Jeff Michaurd for all that research. Damn man you are thorough, hope you were one of the people that swung by and got something you wanted, haha.

practice from tracking dead beat traders in math trades

I'm another one who is also not a morning person.... I also thought about trying to contact Josh and gone down there the same day he posted here to see if I could swing buy and buy a bunch but turns out it didn't matter as Josh got none of the GM's ahead of time

Congrats to playgirl64... would be curious which 40 games you bought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tamm
United States
boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
folks asked about the titles of the 40 games i picked up at the yard sale, so here they are:

COUNTED AND CATALOGED:

A Study in Emerald
Age of Steam
Bang!
Caylus
Dominion
Dominion: Alchemy
Dominion: Cornucopia
Dominion: Hinterlands
Dominion: Intrigue
Dominion: Prosperity
Dominion: Seaside
Elder Sign
Eminent Domain
Evo (second edition)
Kingdom Builder
Kingdom Builder: Nomads
Le Havre
Love Letter
Mr. Jack
Nations
Ora et Labora
Stone Age
Takenoko
Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization

NOT YET COUNTED AND CATALOGED:

Battlestar Galactica
BSG: exodus
BSG: pegasus
Die Macher
Dominion: Dark Ages
Eclipse
hannibal
labryninth
Level 7 - Escape
louis XIV
mare nostrum
paths of glory
revolution
shogun
The Republic of Rome
virgin queen

unfortunately a large percentage of those counted and cataloged, a third so far, are missing a single minor component, such as a cube or tile. three games thus far are missing major components: eminent domain is missing a politics card, through the ages is missing an age II civil card and dominion:alchemy is missing a scrying pool card. once i go through all the games, i will contact publishers to get replacement components, especially major components. i still think i got a pretty good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Goodsell
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To whoever spoke for all the leftover Columbia games just hours before I decided I wanted them—curse you. Or rather, curse my indecision.

And let me know if you're looking for an opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galego wrote:
To whoever spoke for all the leftover Columbia games just hours before I decided I wanted them—curse you. Or rather, curse my indecision.

Hey, Thom. Small world. A few days ago, I got Mark's e-mail about the SFL league office opening in October and now I run into your post here. What are the odds of that? Time to play a lottery ticket . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Goodsell
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
Hey, Thom. Small world. A few days ago, I got Mark's e-mail about the SFL league office opening in October and now I run into your post here. What are the odds of that? Time to play a lottery ticket . . .

Gamers, man. I think there's only 20 of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LeBlanc
United States
Plaistow
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Galego wrote:

Sorry, but I was happy to get them!

I'd be happy to play sometime.

H
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.