Hide
10 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: 'Up to 8 characters' clarification. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I know that I have to use 8 sidekick dice. The rules state that I can field two Basic Action cards and up to eight character cards (with 20 dice on the character cards).

1) Do Mjolnir or the shield count as Basic Action cards or Character cards?

2) Do the three dice one each basic action card count against the twenty maximum of character card dice?

3) up to eight character cards: can I use as few as one and as many as eight or do I have to have eight? And as little as one and up to twenty dice split amongst those cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan D
United States
Dover
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
When you feel the ground rumble, know an OGRE is coming.
mbmbmbmbmb
8tlas wrote:

1) Do Mjolnir or the shield count as Basic Action cards or Character cards?

Character Cards, hence the character type dice
Quote:

2) Do the three dice one each basic action card count against the twenty maximum of character card dice?

No, that is besides your 20 CHARACTER dice

Quote:

3) up to eight character cards: can I use as few as one and as many as eight or do I have to have eight? And as little as one and up to twenty dice split amongst those cards?

I believe you can use as many as 8, meaning 8 is a limit. If you want to use as little as 1 than sure. But keep in mind each card has a dice limit as well. I am not completely 100% sure of this I would need to take another look at the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. They are action cards, just not basic action cards. They are used like character cards. They are part of your team and can't be purchased by your opponent.

2. No, the basic action dice are required by the game and don't count as part of your twenty dice.

3. I don't have the rules in front of me, but I believe you are free to use any number of cards up to eight and any number of dice up to twenty, as long as each card has at least one die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually each card has a maximum number of allowed dice, so you cannot have twenty of one dice in a game. Normally it is 4 (from what I have seen) but it can be less, maybe more but I have only just started buying boosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Oh I knew the cards had personal dice limits, was just the other things I needed clarification on.

Can I buy my opponent's basic action dice, or only my own? I know that I can use any global power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All four basic action cards are available to both players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Can both players buy three action die per basic action card, or is there a strict three die per action card limit between them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8tlas wrote:
Can both players buy three action die per basic action card, or is there a strict three die per action card limit between them?

Three dice per action card limit shared between the two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Goldstone
United Kingdom
Blackpool
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
though if you want to use 1 power twice then it can be assigned 2 colour dice.

eg you and opponent both want focus power in the game so you could assign 2 colours to that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed it is possible for you and your opponent's to bring the same basic action cards, but YOU must bring two different action cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.