Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Organized Play...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Lindstrom
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I looked around and have called a few, but I can't seem to get an answer to this...

Does anyone know if the organized play is officially "available" and started, or are they holding off until supply is there for people to actually have the game in stock to run and host sealed events?

Is it up to stores, or is the schedule for the months dictated by Wizkids?

I ask, as I'd like to start at "Month 1" if possible, but I'm not finding much on if/when anyone is running it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Metelo
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The store I frequent, got enough product, and nice guys to lend the dice + proxies for the action cards that they plan to start it next week.

Tonight they will have a tournament (we may even have enough for some draft)..

They are a pretty big store, so they had a huge pre-order, and got allocated in the usual Wizards ratio instead of what most wizkids allocation are.

I guess it was good planning from the order manager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Champlin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the Minneapolis area and one store is starting constructed tournaments this week and then the OP Month One tournament in the middle of June. They also have the OP Month Two scheduled for the middle of July. I found this information on the Wizkid's event system.

Up until now I've been playing against my 7 year old son and have been losing 50% of the time. I'm looking forward to being beaten a ton by people with the hopes that I'll improve my play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smat Denley
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
OP Kits are not out yet, supposed to be this month. They suggest a hybrid format where you buy 10 boosters to finish you deck, so I am assuming they will have more gravity feeds shipping prior to or at the same time the OP Kits go out. Stores are asked to post their schedule on Wizkids site, so keep checking or call your FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest checking out the Organized Play subforum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.