Popular Tags: [View All]
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an FYI that I've been needing to spend more time with THE HUNTERS 2nd Printing rules booklet. This effort is going to push out the ship date for THE HUNTERS from July to September, about a 2 month delay. I'm sorry for those waiting patiently for this game. It takes up to 4 months for games to come back from China when all components have been printed, so this new schedule is accurate and will hold. I had to finish up CSW Expo this past week, so I'm wrapping things up now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity: I recall that rulebooks for the first printing were done in the States. Will the rulebooks printed in China be on a different paper? Gloss? Semi-gloss? Matt?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They'll be printed on whatever printer paper you use, because you'll need to print off an updated copy almost immediately

Love this game, but I've printed off the manual like 3 or 4 times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disappointing as I'm looking forward to getting my copy, but I am completely fine with a delay if it means a better product plus delays happen. Thanks for the update John.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Namrok wrote:
They'll be printed on whatever printer paper you use, because you'll need to print off an updated copy almost immediately

Love this game, but I've printed off the manual like 3 or 4 times.

Hey Kyle,
Ouch. OK maybe we deserve that comment, but it's not accurate. No clarifications or updates in months. Rules are stable and I don't see them changing at all at this point.

FWIW that did produce a grim smile though. lol.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Greg,

IMO, type VIID Minelayer still needs some clarifications. There're inconsistencies between the Living Rules, the U-Boat Combat Mat and the Assignment Chart notes.

Frank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
FrUnit7 wrote:
Hey Greg,

IMO, type VIID Minelayer still needs some clarifications. There're inconsistencies between the Living Rules, the U-Boat Combat Mat and the Assignment Chart notes.

Frank

Greg,

Also I thought there was one more clarification that needed to be added to the living rules since version 2.5 was posted. I have been waiting for this update before printing them out again. I'll have to look in my errata notes and see what the clarification was.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any other changes/updates besides the rule book?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recall there were some minor errors in the charts - surely these are fixed as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW. Where are there living rules? I don't see them in the files section on BGG, they are not on the GMT's webpage and I can't see them either at CSW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
killy9999 wrote:
BTW. Where are there living rules? I don't see them in the files section on BGG, they are not on the GMT's webpage and I can't see them either at CSW

www.consimpress.com

Go to downloads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I think that finding this rulebook is difficult, although I imagine it is easier for the publisher to have to update it in only one place. BTW. the link to the rules on GMT page is dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Busy day at office, but tonight I'll happily recap the changes in the Second Printing. The Consim Press site needs to be updated regarding supplementary materials for the game...but I will get that done shortly. The Living Rules/Charts on the site available for download are current.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a recap of changes made for the Second Printing. Please note that we are printing a bunch of extra spare parts as GMT will make available a small kit that original owners of The Hunters can request from the GMT office once the game ships.

- Rules update. Basically, the Living Rules to capture needed clarications/corrections but using different formatting as recommended by Mark Simonitch on how to point out major changes made in the rules between printings. We will maintain the Living Rules version online that clearly tracks all edits made by using a different typeface color.
- Player Aid Cards. Similar to rules, we are printing with all the updates made as part of Living Rules update effort. (already available for download)
- Countersheet. One counter errata issue addressed (CV Ark Royal needs designation that Knights Cross is awarded for sinking it) and addition of a Surface/Submerged status marker which can be used on the U-Boat Combat Mat. We also increased the count on duplicate markers as spares. We plan to also issue the corrected ship marker and the new surface/submerged status marker in a future issue of C3i magazine.
- U-Boat Combat Mat. We added a space to place the new Surface/Submerged status marker.
- Added one d20 die as called upon for [T4] North American Target Roster.

I hope this information helps. Needless to say, I completely mis-managed the print run for The Hunters, so the plan is to print plenty of Silent Victory games (and all other titles) so we don't have to worry about a second print run again -- at least, we'd like to think we will maintain a full year stock at a minimum (if we reprint at all). We are not doing a Beda Fomm reprint, for example, so my assumption is that a title will not demand a reprint for quite a long time, if at all, depending upon customer demand. It's quite costly to have to initiate a print run again vs. getting the print count right the first time around!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
consimworld wrote:
...We plan to also issue the corrected ship marker and the new surface/submerged status marker in a future issue of C3i magazine.

John,
Will this correction also be for the four "Combat Board" Tanker counters to include the (2) Damage denotation for the tankers;

08 5000t Vaclite
15 2600t Leticia
23 2600t Lucretia
40 5000t Congonian

The current counters only shows damages (3)/(4)

This little oversight messed me up for the first five or six games as I thought these four ships needed (3) damage points to sink.

My OCC side just wanted to know,
Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hiers
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
September's cool -- just in time for my birthday!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim, for the Tankers -- we opted not to change the marker or also the U-Boat Combat Mat spaces and instead go with a simple rules insertion that total tonnage of ship type outweights ship type.

We think it's better to handle this through a simple rules insertion to go by tonnage factor. The vast majority of the cases will be as the counter/Combat Mat displays now, and we didn't want to break that focus up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John,

About Type VIID U-Boat Combat Mat:

- Will the Caribbean assignment be added as allowed by the Living Rules 7.3.2 and 11.4.6?

- Will the North America Mission box "(or A)" be corrected to "(M/A") to reflect the Living Rules 11.4.6?

- Why the North America track has 4 Transit boxes outbound and only 3 Transit boxes inbound?

- Every assignment track has a Mission box "(M/A)". The Living Rules 11.4.6 stipulates that British Isles and NA/Caribbean are always Minelaying Mission for type VIID. What about the other destinations?

About Living Rule 7.3.2: The added "(but are allowed in the Caribbean, 11.4.6)" seems to apply to both Type VIID and VIIC Flak. This is untrue for the later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Beckman
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only comment on the rules, not the mats, but 7.3.2 has been changed to be clear about the Caribbean restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack,

Here's the Living Rule 7.3.2 wording:
"Type VIID and VII-Flak U-Boats are not allowed in the Mediterranean (but are allowed in the Caribbean, 11.4.6)".

IMO, it should be "(but VIID boats are allowed in the Caribbean,11.4.6)", as rule 11.4.6 is reserved to VIID and nothing similar can be found in rule 11.4.5 for VIIC Flak.

See also the Living Player Aid notes for [P1] Chart:

(3) Type VII boats (except Type VIID) treat "Caribbean" result as "Atlantic"
(4) Type VIID boat treats all normal "British Isles" results as "British Isles (M)"
(5) Type VIID and VIIC Flak boats are not allowed in "Mediterranean" (re-roll required)

Note 3 seems to confirm that only type VIID can go in the Caribbean.

Note 4 doesn't conform to last living rules 11.4.6 about Minelaying mission (see also my previous post):
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Beckman
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said, it has been changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah sorry, I didn't understood it has been changed for 2nd printing rules only.

Will there be another version of the Living Rules and Aid Cards for us, poor owners of 1st printing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Beckman
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we will continue to post Living Rules (and the printed 2nd printing rules, for that matter). Hopefully there won't be many more changes from the 2nd printing; I suspect there might be a few clarifications at most. While I am not responsible for the player aid cards, I know John is committed to supporting the game and so will be posting any updates to those as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John,

Thanks for the explination on the counters.

Jack,

Any idea when the next posting of the rules will be? I would like to print them out and get them in my binder. I just don't want to print them out to have another revision posted soon after.

Thanks
Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrUnit7 wrote:
John,

About Type VIID U-Boat Combat Mat:

- Will the Caribbean assignment be added as allowed by the Living Rules 7.3.2 and 11.4.6?

- Will the North America Mission box "(or A)" be corrected to "(M/A") to reflect the Living Rules 11.4.6?

- Why the North America track has 4 Transit boxes outbound and only 3 Transit boxes inbound?

Yes.

Yes.

Why? It was a mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.