Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What to do with that cute little PBH expansion box, if you want to keep it?

I find it holds all the card decks in the game (without the insert), with some room for the next expansion. That's with each deck rubber banded separately. So I just pop it into a larger boot box I've converted to Firefly auxiliary storage! I still keep the board, rules, and Story Cards in the original box for quick reference between games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good idea.

I've kept it intact so far, and use it for the Nav cards, ships (not include the Alliance Cruiser) and Haven tokens. Everything else fits neatly in the main box (including some custom cards), but it's getting VERY tight... I think if I find Mal's Pretty Floral Bonnet, that might put me over the top!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The PBH box will happily hold all the cards so far, sleeved or otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Brilliant, I've been tormented by the fact that I couldn't use that box for anything. That and I was already running out of space fast in my original box. Getting the Dodger, whenever I finally can, would have been the last straw. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K D
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
We've got our annual vacation coming up, and my husband might die of withdrawal if we don't take Firefly with us, so I have been looking for a way to pack everything (PBH, Artful Dodger, and Breaking Atmo) into just the main box, while still keeping everything neat and shiny.

Voila, it all fits! (So proud.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your containers. What brand are they and where did you buy them? (Link?) Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K D
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
They're called Really Useful Boxes:
http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/html/onlineshop/ru...

I bought them at Office Depot, but they were only available for in-store purchase (not shipped) and I had to go to 2 different stores to get them. (Amazon has them as well, but not Prime, and as I said, I wanted them before we go on vacation.) So that's been my grand quest for this week!

The "0.3 liter" boxes fit the card decks perfectly. (No room to spare with the Market decks, with the extra PBH and Breakin' Atmo cards mixed in.) And they're just the right size to fit 3 across the inside of the box. Once they're stacked on top of the board, they're perfectly flush with the top edges of the box.

The other box that I used for the game pieces is a "0.35 liter" box, which is only about 1.5" deep. I made little divider boxes out of card stock, to fit the Passenger/Fugitive, Cargo/Contaband, Fuel, Parts, Disgruntled, and Haven tokens.

Everything *just* fits-- When the next expansion set comes out I guess I'll have to find a bigger box to put it all in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love RUBs they stack really well. Hobbycraft stock them in the UK and I've seen them in one or two other place too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh The real problem comes when you have to store all the fan made player aids, scenarios, and rules variants you've printed out since last November (plus your own notes)! That's why I went to another, much larger box. And of course we've got something like six more expansions coming, including new game board sections to be stored--see the separate Blue Sun Rim Space discussion board for speculation on this--we're currently guessing that the board will double in size...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see us ending up with something the size of Private Tracey Smith's coffin to keep everything stored safely before too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
arrrh The real problem comes when you have to store all the fan made player aids, scenarios, and rules variants you've printed out since last November (plus your own notes)! That's why I went to another, much larger box. And of course we've got something like six more expansions coming, including new game board sections to be stored--see the separate Blue Sun Rim Space discussion board for speculation on this--we're currently guessing that the board will double in size...

I'd love a list of your bonus stuff to see if I've missed anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K D
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
wrrlykam wrote:
I can see us ending up with something the size of Private Tracey Smith's coffin to keep everything stored safely before too long.

Are you listening Gale Force Nine? Can you make a giant "Tracey's Coffin" or "River's Cryo Chamber" box to put everything in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My base-game box with the original plastic tray(s) holds everything, with the tokens in zip-locks and the cards in three piles (supply/contact/other) each held together with an elastic band. It's tight, but the lid closes fully.

edit: "everything" being base game (including Artful Dodger), Breaking Atmo (including the collapsed box for no particular reason) and P&BH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
knwd wrote:
wrrlykam wrote:

Are you listening Gale Force Nine? Can you make a giant "Tracey's Coffin" or "River's Cryo Chamber" box to put everything in?

I suspect this is all part of the plan:

GenCon 2013: Release game
GenCon 2014: Release first map expansion
GenCon 2015: Release second map expansion
GenCon 2016: Release Collector's Edition, with huge box with room for everything!

2013-2016: Rake in money and hope that interest doesn't wane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Gallagher
United States
Saginaw
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knwd wrote:

And a mini-Jayne hat to hold the minis and dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.