Subject: Recommendations for pimping my copy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I just bought a game mat based on this file...

Know I want to further pimp my copy with some special money coins and markers for unrest and in jail.

So it would be really nice if some of you would give some recommandations for the things I would like to pimp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Radic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guten Abend das ist eine schöne "game mat"!
For coins i had used poker chips,but i search for metal coins also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got that mat printed as well. I also bought colored discs, like shown in the photo for tracking prestige on that track. For unrest, I got some red, translucent poker chips. Beyond that, I think having a printed up version of the living rules on hand would complete my setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Park
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use metal dubloons, and keep it all in a wooden cigar box. I spent some time looking for period peso coins, to no avail.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudius Moeller
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Wo hast Du die Matte drucken lassen?

Gruß
claumoe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I use Fantasy Flight Gaming Tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Hi all,

I just bought a game mat based on this file...

Know I want to further pimp my copy with some special money coins and markers for unrest and in jail.

So it would be really nice if some of you would give some recommandations for the things I would like to pimp...

New custom game pieces (pesos in 3 denominations, also unrest and jailed markers) are now for sale for your Pax Porfiriana game: www.customeeple.com/product-tag/sierra-madre-games/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! I'm not sure I can justify spending more than the game cost me though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Phil,

phileklund wrote:
New custom game pieces (pesos in 3 denominations, also unrest and jailed markers) are now for sale for your Pax Porfiriana game: www.customeeple.com/product-tag/sierra-madre-games/

will these be available through you german store so one can safe some money for shipping, handling and IVA? Or will you bring such sets with you to Essen this year so one can buy them there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me again,

claumoe wrote:
Wo hast Du die Matte drucken lassen?

Some geeks at the german unknowns forum mentioned that they printed some Eclipse game mats at

http://www.wir-machen-druck.de/

So I tried them and it turned out that I am more than satisfied with the result for that price...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Hi Ingo if Phil wants we don't mind to send copies of our products on request to distribute in Essen.

About extra costs, we cant do much about the IVA, but our shipping rates are as reasonable as they can be. Yesterday we have a small problem with the web and people outside Spain could not chose the economy shipping but is already fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Maher
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
[q="d0gb0t"]Hi all,

Really interesting but are there enough coins to play with more than 2 players? There are probably enough jail tokens. The unrest tokens - are there enough with 20? In a two player game last weekend we had about 15 unrest tokens out at particular moment in time.

I suppose one can always buy more copies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nirumaru wrote:
phileklund wrote:
[q="d0gb0t"]Hi all,

Really interesting but are there enough coins to play with more than 2 players? There are probably enough jail tokens. The unrest tokens - are there enough with 20? In a two player game last weekend we had about 15 unrest tokens out at particular moment in time.

I suppose one can always buy more copies

The original game comes with 35 white, 15 red and 10 blue money tokens. So this offering is a bit low on the money token count for doing a straight replacement (20, 10 & 5, respectively). However, I don't think the unrest tokens are an issue. Again, you had 15 unrest tokens available in the original game and this offer provides 20 dedicated unrest tokens.

I took the plunge and ordered a complete token set plus an additional coins-only set. Guess I have money to burn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Quote:

When we designed the product we did it with the idea that one set will be enough for playing the game on normal game conditions. I usually play the game with 3-4 players and I think that there are enough coins.

Notice that we deliberately left the silver big coin with no face value. So you can decide in the case of an economic bonanza that each of these are worth 20 or 25 pesos instead of 10

Anyway we fabricate our tokens on demand, so if you want additional pieces but not a second full set you can always contact us in our web, and we can calculate the additional cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Customeeple wrote:
Hi Ingo if Phil wants we don't mind to send copies of our products on request to distribute in Essen.

Does this mean that the sets will be available at the Spiel? Has your shop a booth? Or is it possible to pickup the sets at the Sierra Madre booth?

Customeeple wrote:
About extra costs, we cant do much about the IVA, but our shipping rates are as reasonable as they can be. Yesterday we have a small problem with the web and people outside Spain could not chose the economy shipping but is already fixed.

Good to know and I only wanted to ask if there is another way to get the coins and tokens other than paying the shipping costs. If it is possible to pickup a set at Essen then I would like to spend the money in additional tokens instead of paying for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
We wont have a Booth in Essen, but last year one of the companies associated with us distributed copies of our products compatibles with his games.

Anyway there are a few months until Essen, and Is still to early to say. In the meanwhile we will release some other products for Phil´s games. And maybe buying 2 or 3 items will compensate you the shipping costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Customeeple wrote:
In the meanwhile we will release some other products for Phil´s games. And maybe buying 2 or 3 items will compensate you the shipping costs.

No I'm really curious! Will you tell us a little bit more, so that I can decide if I wait with my order or not? Would be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Sorry for the delay in replying Ingo we were finishing details.

We are a company specialized in boardgame customization and accessories, recently we signed a licence agreement with sierra madre so expect that we will release regularly complements and pieces for his games.

Right now I can confirm that we will release soon, before Essen, our version of acrylic tokens for high frontier. we will release new products for Sierra madre games but nothing that I can announce yet.

What I can confirm is that our pieces will be avaliable at the Sierra Madre booth in Essen. If you buy in our web any of our products related to Sierra madre and use the coupon essenpickup we will discount the shipping from your order, but of course you will have to pick them at the Essen fair.

We will send also an amount of copies for general sale, but with this option you can reserve your copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Roi,

Will you be selling a gaming mat for Pax Porfiriana in the future?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roi Espino
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
bonnieprince wrote:
Hi Roi,

Will you be selling a gaming mat for Pax Porfiriana in the future?

Thanks in advance

Yes playmats and a wooden storage box are ideas we have for making aditional products for pax porfiriana in a near future. But I cant give you an aprox release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.