Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adding new room to the board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Last
msg tools
mb
Hello,
I start to read the rules book of the game to prepare for playing it , one thing until now i would like to ask,
On page 10 (drawing,event, item and omen cards) in the paragraph before the last one ".......... If a room is added to the board throught some other means (such  as a haunt't instructions) , the first player who enters that room does not draw a card.
My question if the first player doesn't , then who draw the card of the new room?

I know that in the normal situation the first player who add the room he is the only one who draw the card in that room but in the case mentioned above who would be ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I took that to mean that it is just a room and you should overlook the symbols on it as if they don't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody draws the card, the rule is referring to the rule you mentioned where only the first player to enter a new room draws a card. The rule should really just say no one draws the card. You should read the rule as Even the first player to enter a new room that got added by other means doesn't get to draw a card when the room is added by other means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew McKinney
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group actually ignore this rule and draw the cards anyway. We found that one of the haunts (I can't remember which one) requires more than one Omen card, and it's possible that no one gets the card if you don't at least draw Omen cards when placing rooms outside the normal means. (I mean, perhaps the point is that you can't win, but that's no fun for us.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.