Subject: Few rules questions (Shatter and Healing) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, a few more today based on feedback I have received from my reference guide. I have also reviewed the FAQ (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I6bfvOxhFLAFIq4sjPLbao6V...).

1) Regarding Shatter (hammer): if you roll a locked chest face on your monster die, I assume you (or anybody else, if willing) can roll any hammer dice to try to get a hammer face and open it. Since you don't equip before rolling the monster I assume it doesn't need to be equipped first. But if the locked chest is the reward for a monster you are fighting, I assume you have to equip your hammer and be lucky enough to roll it during combat to get the reward, correct?

2) Additionally, according to the FAQ, another player may roll their hammer to try to open it for you. I assume it doesn't matter if they have it equipped since they aren't the active player. But if a player helped you in the combat, then I assume they would have to have equipped and then roll the hammer during combat?

3) For healing, it looks like a monster can only heal the active player (e.g. slime), your Faery can only heal yourself, and the healing spell can heal any player. But I can't find anything specific about potions, but I assume a potion can be used to heal anybody. I also assume healing can't be split if you roll 3 hearts or whatever?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree with one caveat. If you already used a weapon ability on your turn (eg. The hunt ability on the bow) and you end up rolling a lockdown chest,you cannot then use your hammer to try and open it, because you can't change your equipment any further on that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
afrag wrote:
I would agree with one caveat. If you already used a weapon ability on your turn (eg. The hunt ability on the bow) and you end up rolling a lockdown chest,you cannot then use your hammer to try and open it, because you can't change your equipment any further on that turn.

Yes, makes sense, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H.
msg tools
Question about healing as well:
When you only have one wound and you use a spell or rest and get healed more than you are wounded. Does it just get wasted or is there something else that happens? I swear I read somewhere about boosted hero or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamesanjo wrote:
Question about healing as well:
When you only have one wound and you use a spell or rest and get healed more than you are wounded. Does it just get wasted or is there something else that happens? I swear I read somewhere about boosted hero or something.

In the base game (and Guilds), the extra heals aren't used. With the new Colosseum expansion, however, there are new boosted level dice which are +1 better than the regular level dice. Extra healing lets you replace a regular level dice with a boosted version for each over-heal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H.
msg tools
Ok thank you very much. I came late to the game and Kickstarted at colosseum. This is going to be a lovely frabchise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.