Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link to the article and some awesome new artwork.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4849
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A pleasant surprise! Straight to general availability via print on demand rather than being part of a game night kit first. Also being sold as a single bundle rather than 3 individual packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great! I can't wait to whip up some Dwarf decks to try these out in! Last time I played through them the Dwarf deck I built yawned through those scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like that they bundled them together! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really, really hope that's a new product strategy go forward.

I'm much more interested in buying an entire cycle or bundles that make sense at a time than piece-mealing everything together.

Will also go a long way to getting free ship @ $100 at my favorite etailers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing we will only see the 3 packs for large expansions and sagas. If there was an AP I didn't own, I wouldn't want to buy a 3 pack of nightmare decks and pay for cards I couldn't use.

As a side note: I know it's not much, but this new strategy saves us a dollar!
They used to be $7 each. This 3 pack has a MSRP of $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
I really, really hope that's a new product strategy go forward.

I'm much more interested in buying an entire cycle or bundles that make sense at a time than piece-mealing everything together.

Will also go a long way to getting free ship @ $100 at my favorite etailers

The "Over Hill and Under Hill" Nightmare Decks contained in the current Game Night Kit also use this format (one pack for the 3 quests). I've submitted a correction request for the exisiting expansion entries and uploaded a cover picture (approval pending).

My guess is, they'll keep releasing 1 Nightmare deck pack per expansion (with the exception of the Core set).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Into the Pit looks a little disappointing on the surface. Winning without relying on the Cave Torch was never that challenging.

Seventh Level looks absolutely nightmarish, though. Lots of resource tokens + the tokens canceling damage has potential to be really nasty. The boss's 12 HP will make him tough to take out in a single round, too, almost ensuring he gets one big attack in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soldat 7
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still don't like how different the cards from the Nightmare decks feel. I wish they were of the same printing process. Even sleeved they're annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really?
I was pleasantly surprised when I got my first PoD deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
The PoD decks definitely feel a little different and the colors on the card back are just *slightly* off but once sleeved, even in clear sleeves, I don't really notice when they are shuffled in with the normal cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Forster
United States
Oregon City
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to these! I just played through the three quests again, and they were better than I remember!
I found them pretty difficult solo, but much more manageable with two players. Looking forward to the nightmare packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Forster
United States
Oregon City
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone seen them actually for sale yet? I was at my FLGS yesterday and they said none of their suppliers had them in yet, and it looked like they could still preorder, which means it could still be a ways out yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
KingHeinrich wrote:
Has anyone seen them actually for sale yet? I was at my FLGS yesterday and they said none of their suppliers had them in yet, and it looked like they could still preorder, which means it could still be a ways out yet...

What, the Khazad-dum Nightmare decks? Yeah, they've been out for a while. I ordered them the day of the announcement and got them 3 or 4 days later.

Most of the Print on Demand stuff I just immediately order straight from FFG's webstore and don't even bother waiting for my local gamestore, since they are not a normal product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Forster
United States
Oregon City
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha. I ordered them off Ebay yesterday so I should have them soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.