Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Regardless of what mode of play, in a 2 and 4 player game when someone rolls for tension no matter what they should get to spend those dice for inspiration or coins correct?

My only confusion comes several other threads where a few people were stating you do no still get inspiration when a tension roll result is doubles, specifically in a 4 player game.

My other question is not really rules related, but does the 2v2 game seem kind of out of whack or unbalanced at all? Starting with 3 GG a piece seems like a it's too few with the way tension works. After one full round of turns it's possible for players to be down to only 1 GG if everyone rolled doubles on tension and if one team decides to gang up on one player it's extremely easy to knock out the opposing team entirely by just depriving them of GG with doubles and a single knock out before some people have even had a second turn. I think in all 4 player games the GG doesn't really do anything other than deprive some people of a fair chance at winning. I think GG works great in 2 player though.

What is everyone's opinion on how balanced 2v2 is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I will only comment on one part of that. I only thought inspiration was awarded if Doubles were not rolled.

Also, I thought GG was handled differently in a 2x2 game.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Floydski wrote:

I will only comment on one part of that. I only thought inspiration was awarded if Doubles were not rolled.

~Will

It is handled differently, but I believe every player still rolls for tension, and if tension occurs 1 player gets picked to lose GG and then that player picks an opponent to lose GG. That's a possible 8 GG gone in a single round of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Bruno
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
both players lose 1 GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Vazquez
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
You always roll for tension on the second players turn at the start of the game.
In 1v1 if any player's results on the dice are the same, they booth lose 1 gg. Can now either assign them as buffs or sell them. 1 kama for the first, 3 kama for together.
In 2v2 on tension, When a team mate rolls for tension and gets double he then choose an opponent to lose 1 gg. That opponent then gets to chooses (his/her choice) someone on the opposite team to lose 1 gg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I roll for "massage" to relieve all the tension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan K
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
WestonTheFox wrote:

~Will

Incorrect!
The rules are clear on this. The player rolls for Tension, if the Final result is Doubles then players lose GG. THEN the rolling player uses the Tension dice to assign Inspiration either to his characters or to gain Kama.
It is not one or the other; That would be unfair to the player rolling the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.