Popular Tags: [View All]
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.gf9-dnd.com/Docs/Dust/DTBattlefield.pdf
http://www.dust-tactics.com/
it is exactly like they said. It is Tactics without a grid. No warfare replacement. But it sounds great and i will test it on Saturday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, it is EXACTLY the Warfare replacement. They won't need Warfare anymore. They'll let it die in favor of Battlefield.
Might take a year or two, but Warfare's looking like the dodo right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:

Honestly, Dust as a whole is looking like a dodo right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These Rules are Awesome!!!!

DUST is Better than Ever and the dust community is growing in leaps and bounds! It's not to late to turn around and play this great game guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Kriegschatten wrote:
deedob wrote:
Honestly, Dust as a whole is looking like a dodo right now.
OMG DUST IS TOTALLY THE WORST GAME EVAR!!!

MikeWyant wrote:
DUST is Better than Ever and the dust community is growing in leaps and bounds! It's not to late to turn around and play this great game guys!
OMG DUST IS TOTALLY THE BEST GAME EVAR!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And this is right from their facebook page for all the warfarers:
We're working on new cards for Warfare Johan. In fact, I just got a batch of Babylon KickStarter cards for conversion from Tactics to Warfare this morning.
and:
Gregory Withrow Arman, are you asking if the Battlefield platoons are usable in Warfare? If so, then now. Warfare is getting it's own new platoons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Cruz

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dust reminds me of a crazy but Hot Ex-girlfriend. So Dang sexy and fun you cant stay away but absolutely "coo-coo for cocoa puffs" sometimes.
ha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Cruz

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amanwing wrote:
it is exactly like they said. It is Tactics without a grid. No warfare replacement. But it sounds great and i will test it on Saturday

Yea, read the Battlefield rules and they are pretty much the same as Warfare...How is this not a Warfare replacement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperCruz wrote:
amanwing wrote:

Yea, read the Battlefield rules and they are pretty much the same as Warfare...How is this not a Warfare replacement?

It's the same rules (turn structure, unit stats, special abilities, etc.) as Tactics, just without a grid. It does have suppression rules that are similar to Warfare's, but I'm not seeing how the two are "pretty much the same." There's no Command Phase, initiative is very different, as are the reaction and suppression rules, unit activation is totally different, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Örtman
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheelockian wrote:
SuperCruz wrote:
amanwing wrote:

It's the same rules (turn structure, unit stats, special abilities, etc.) as Tactics, just without a grid. It does have suppression rules that are similar to Warfare's, but I'm not seeing how the two are "pretty much the same." There's no Command Phase, initiative is very different, as are the reaction and suppression rules, unit activation is totally different, etc.

Yup, Warfare is the greater miniatures system imo. Perhaps Battlefield has some good points to it, but I for one am staying with Warfare when it comes to playng Dust as a minis game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeWyant wrote:

not sure how its growing in "leaps and bounds" when it has had such a screwy problem with promotions and distrobution for the last 4 years that its has had to rely on the PLAYERS to get the word out about it , AND has spent the last many months burning bridges with a lot of those players , which means fewer people to promote the game and get people interested .

previously existing groups may gain a few , but when they pretty much **** on people like LEVI , and others like him , that were the ONLY people pushing the game in their respective cities/states , they lose access to entire gaming markets .

but i guess your point ignores that inconvenient truth , and just hopes the rest of us will be good little sheep to , and join the rest of the herd and follow them over the cliff ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has someone tried the rules yet? Curious how badly they've screwed it.

At a glance, it doesn't look promising, tanks can't move thru enemy infantry? Not a big fan of reaction and suppression.

Got to say I like the layout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euen McMurry
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
razielpawel wrote:

At a glance, it doesn't look promising, tanks can't move thru enemy infantry? Not a big fan of reaction and suppression.

Talk about going in with preconceived notions.

Anyways, yes, I have tried Battlefield several times and I've enjoyed it. It's a nice balance between Tactics and Warfare - a happy medium, so to speak. Warfare is still my preferred ruleset, but I would be more than happy to play Battlefield again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
razielpawel wrote:

Well, you'll be pleased to know they haven't screwed it, it plays smoothly, the suppression works with no fuss or complications, and units are statted and behave as you would expect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlefield is better then i thought. After the first game I was sure I will continue playing warfare. After some more games there is no need of warfare for me and my friends anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
amanwing wrote:
Battlefield is better then i thought. After the first game I was sure I will continue playing warfare. After some more games there is no need of warfare for me and my friends anymore.

which is exactloy what BF wants ; an end to warfare , you prove my points exactly !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hiers
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandInquisitorKris wrote:
amanwing wrote:

which is exactloy what BF wants ; an end to warfare , you prove my points exactly !

No, actually he doesn't. He "proves" some people are finding out that Battlefield is a good game and worth playing, and then deciding whether or not to stick with or play DW. BF is a business (and only the distributor), and if DW is making money (which is seems to be for now) they (and DS) will continue to support it -- as they are now and for the foreseeable future. What does the future hold -- no one knows for sure, but the sky isn't falling.

Just play whichever game and version you like, and be happy that there are three games in one, which can draw even more players. Which it is: almost one thousand backers on KS, which is gratifying.

I swear it seems some of you would piss into a glass of water just to say it tastes bad.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KiltedWolf wrote:

No, actually he doesn't. He "proves" some people are finding out that Battlefield is a good game and worth playing, and then deciding whether or not to stick with or play DW. BF is a business (and only the distributor)......

so ........other than FFG , when THEY had Dust Tactics , how many companies who are "only the distributor" also rewrite the rules from the ground up , and create their own rules from the ground up ......like BF did with 2nd ed and battlefield ? or did you not know that they were the ones pulling the strings, and that Paolo and Oliver are apparently just figure heads now who are expected to nod and wave when BF tells them to ?

remember , it was BATTLEFRONTS playtesting group and rules design that went into second ed and battlefield , NOT the work of the playtest group that OLIVER had put together , that was apparently just a waste of time for all involved .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cygnus 2112
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like someone is a little bent about the play test process that happened. That doesn't mean the new V2 rules are bad, just not the direction you thought they should head. I am going to give the V2 rules a try...perhaps I will stick with V1, we will see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes Iam a bit biased because I didn't like how battlefront handled the franchise, and that was my impressions after reading the book... Maybe I was wrong, I would be glad if I was, definitely gonna try to have a game soon, but unfortunately everyone at my club moved on to different games.

Hopefully new rules will be received positively and dust will become more popular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cygnus2112 wrote:
Sounds like someone is a little bent about the play test process that happened. That doesn't mean the new V2 rules are bad, just not the direction you thought they should head. I am going to give the V2 rules a try...perhaps I will stick with V1, we will see.

i wasnt the only one that got a little upset about HOW the playtesting went , but i am also getting tired of people saying BF is JUST the distributor , they are NOT , they RE-wrote the game , NOT Paolo , and NOT Oliver .

as for the rules , i didnt like the new rules when GW used most of them , so i dont see the point of using them now JUST because its BF .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hiers
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'll concede that BF is more than just a distributor now -- during playtesting it was a very collaborative effort between us and DS, and I assumed BF was really just the middleman. In hindsight, BF has had more input as an established miniatures company (like them or not) -- but Paolo and Olivier are still very much in control. Battlefield is much closer to what Paolo and Olivier had first intended for a gridless version of DT.

I don't care for some of the changes to DT (LoS is a sore point with me now), and will be concentrating more on Battlefield now. The points system was revised to be similar to v1, which I agree with. The Pacific battles and Japanese are just over the horizon now. I am a fan of the new campaign books, and the more a la-carte purchasing because I prefer to buy what I like, as I like.

Bottom line, we still have three-games-in-one, and two versions, that we can all enjoy. And after a very rocky period, it appears there is a resurgence happening. Not everyone can be pleased but we should all be happy that the game is remaining viable.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KiltedWolf wrote:
Ok, I'll concede that BF is more than just a distributor now -- during playtesting it was a very collaborative effort between us and DS, and I assumed BF was really just the middleman. In hindsight, BF has had more input as an established miniatures company (like them or not) -- but Paolo and Olivier are still very much in control. Battlefield is much closer to what Paolo and Olivier had first intended for a gridless version of DT.

seems more like BF has the ONLY input here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.