Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play Dimension without the reward tokens for "less than most balls" and "all five colors".

Why do it?

- If you want to cut down the rules to something that can be explained in 30 seconds.

- If your group experiences problems with players adding or removing balls at the last grain of sand, to get or deny someone else a reward token.

What happens then?

- Just leave all the tokens in the box and don't award any bonus points at the end of the game.

- Adjust the game's difficulty level with the number of cards put up every round. People that read BGG will probably need at least 7 cards each round ;-)

- Also, remember that you can adjust the difficulty individually, by giving extra skilled players one more (personal) card than everybody else. It's usually more fun to be challenged at your skill level, than just ace the game with 11 points each round. This is especially good for parents vs. kids games.

Enjoy!

Correction: The bonus tokens for moderation never works, so don't play with them, and use this bonus tokens to points conversion table instead of the one in the rules:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reymann
United States
Barberton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd." Voltaire
badge
Crafty Shaman Impersonator
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Even with the revised rules collecting only the color tokens, I think it works better without them. I think a general 2 points bonus if you use all 5 colors works best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, or just ditch them all and enjoy solving puzzles. Those stupid joker tokens turns my hair grey.
robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reymann
United States
Barberton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of starting with 10 points at the beginning of the game, losing 2 points for every rule broken, using the weird bonus chips, and having a million 50-point chips left over, simply score as follows:

1pt for each ball
2pts for each rule followed
2pts for using all five colors

Max score with 6 cards: 11+12+2=25

So much simpler, and with the exception of the original bonus chip scoring system (which averages to 2 points per chip anyways), it plays equivalent to the subtracting points system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.