Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed some ppl already did a foamcore insert for this nice game. I think they were interesting but what I wanted to to do with my insert was to put everything ( I mean what is meant to stay in core box) inside the box ALREADY SORTED, including the counters for both the german army, the american army and all their equipments.

Ah did I tell this is my first foamcore insert? I already did some modeling with foamcore at architecture faculty but that was almost 10 years ago

Since this is a miniature game without miniature and without army lists (everything is handled with tiles, which I like) every unit/equipment/hero in my insert had to stay in its own space along with its recruitment tile!!!

I took the task very seriously from the beginning and I started to sketch the inserts using AUTOCAD... I wanted to have one insert for german army, one for US army and another one for the rest.

As you can see I sketched the armies inserts on AUTOCAD. The insert for the rest of the tokens I did it on the fly, without AUTOCAD

... but now no more blablabla and here's what Ive done:

first you open the box and you have all Non army tokens plus a couple of Bonus terrain from the kickstarter campaign. I thought about storing the order blocks inside the bags but this arrangement is more tidy and space wise.

storing effectively the fortified farm was the hardest task, I put it hidden under the regular houses and did some moving inserts for the most used tokens (suppressive tokens and the tank damage tokens)

and here's what I most proud, the army inserts... everything is at its place! nothing moves even if you shake/carry around/rotate the box. Every units stays with its recruitment tile!

the same is for the other army

and here are all the inserts out of the box. Later I thought about putting Millers rangers which are supercool inside the core box instead of the fort farm and the cows but hey, I'll put them maybe in the US army box or in the Saint Meire Eglise scenario box if it will ever come inside a box

I thought about using core box only for terrain and putting other units in their army boxes but really I want the core game to be playable out of the box when I bring it to my friends I didnt even include the extra veihicles since I prefer smaller engagement while playing tactical squad wargames

now let me read that rulebook... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Molto bello, Leonardo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S G
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome.....just needs a Kickstarter campaign for those of us with too little time....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you do this, what do you use for glue?
And do you notch the joints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:

Yep White glue...
As for notching joint To tell you the truth the inserts are robust enough so I didnt need it

DarrellKH wrote:
Molto bello, Leonardo!

Grazie anche tu sei molto bello

aerial7 wrote:
Awesome.....just needs a Kickstarter campaign for those of us with too little time....

Oh well some bgg users asked me how much I wanted but I'm too busy to do it for money... I think I'll just print a Pdf and put it online here on geek the autocad sketches I made just in case anyone needs an inspiration
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kalevi1999 wrote:
[q="ropya"]I think I'll just print a Pdf and put it online here on geek the autocad sketches I made just in case anyone needs an inspiration

Great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kalevi1999 wrote:
ropya wrote:

Yep White glue...
As for notching joint To tell you the truth the inserts are robust enough so I didnt need it

DarrellKH wrote:
Molto bello, Leonardo!

Grazie anche tu sei molto bello

aerial7 wrote:

Oh well some bgg users asked me how much I wanted but I'm too busy to do it for money... I think I'll just print a Pdf and put it online here on geek the autocad sketches I made just in case anyone needs an inspiration

Thanks for the feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Amente
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
...because if I can't win, you can't either! :)
badge
OH...OH...OH....OH...OVERTEXT!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
First off - unbelievable job on those trays. They are just beautiful pieces of engineering.

For those that don't want to use glue, I use framing nails that you would use to put up baseboard in your house. As long as you are dealing with pieces of foam core that are longer than your nails, then you are good to go. They hold very tight and let you get away with using no glue at all.

If I do use glue for something like this I always fall back to Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue.....watch out though because this stuff is EXTREMELY sticky :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never heard of Aleenes's before. Looks like it might come in handy for other hobby projects...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck smith
United States
brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any chance you'd share the CAD files?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Nutting
United States
Pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cssmythe3 wrote:
Any chance you'd share the CAD files?

Or even the layout dimensions for each tray? A blueprint maybe??

Please! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.