Hide
7 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Feedback on second mini color scheme (Melee Crawlers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Powell
msg tools
I'm more than likely going to redo this figure (Thought I'd bought 'Ivory' at the store, turned out to be 'Antique Parchment' that someone put in the wrong section; Ivory is a bit darker and I have it now), but I'd like to get feedback on the color scheme. Same skin color as my ranged crawlers, but I decided to try for some "bone" armoring on the melee variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good.

I'm going to do something similar for my melee pieces. I specifically didn't write down the recipes for my ranged crawlers so I can start from scratch and they are guaranteed to come out distinguishable without even bothering to look for the green nodes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schell
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Pretty much what i envisioned for mine so i have to give this one a vote of Approval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Powell
msg tools
pinkymadigan wrote:
Looks good.

I'm going to do something similar for my melee pieces. I specifically didn't write down the recipes for my ranged crawlers so I can start from scratch and they are guaranteed to come out distinguishable without even bothering to look for the green nodes.

That right there is the reason I painted the stomachs as well, on both types; a big green stomach is much more obvious than green nodes on the head. And white legs will help as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not write my recipes down either, i do not mind a wee bit of variability in between the multitude of minions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Powell
msg tools
B Wumpus wrote:
I did not write my recipes down either, i do not mind a wee bit of variability in between the multitude of minions

Honestly it would bother me unless intentionally done different; even with two copies of the game to paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I think you did a good job and they are a pretty good match to the game art, of course there is always room for self improvement, but if I were to pick something out to critique, is prehaps some darker wash would be good in the skull carapace cracks to highlight them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.