Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Schell
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hello Everyone, I love the theory of this game but i may as well use the rulebook to start fires since it is particularly useless

I think i am getting a grasp of the flow of the game but some things i didn't understand from my test solo game last night

1.a.) how does rage work, can i just put a rage up?
b) do i put rage up when i play a card with rage effects? do i choose how many?

2.a) Movement points when do they refresh?
b) how do i determine how aggressively i move? is it for this total hero cycle? or just before i play the card?

3.) when do we actually move on to the hero deck or the refresh phase?
ex. I play a card to search the soldier deck and then pass my buddy plays a move card then attacked then pass then we both decide our hands suck and want to move on to the deck phase. At this point do we clear our actions, discard to 1/draw to 5 and then move to refresh?

Thanks for all they help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Yarborough
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1a. Just take a card from your draw deck and put it face down in an open action space.
1b. Yes and yes.
2a. Start of new hero cycle
2b. When you play a card that is affected by movement, you commit yourself to which ever type of movement you use to resolve the card. Obviously if have already moved you most chose that level of movement at minimum.
3. Not sure I'm clear on what you're asking, you can end the hero cycle whenever you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Mark, have you tried watching any of the new videos that McG posted regarding setup, realm tiles, and gameplay? These are pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goreshade wrote:
3. Not sure I'm clear on what you're asking, you can end the hero cycle whenever you want.

Yep, you can even end it without playing a single card (you would be loitering, but you can do it)

Also with OP's example: Just to be sure, you don't have to take turns and "pass" - one player could play 3 cards in a row if you wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schell
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Everyone!

one further thing i thought about with movement

there is the hold the edge or something like that in which the soldier moves through enemies ... it says no on all but the aggressive movement, does the 3 movement from the card count or does the soldier need to move at least 3 squares first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The movement on your cycle becomes an aggressive move as soon as you play a card with the keyword Move.
Riding the Edge has that keyword and therefore, simply playing that card makes your movement an aggressive move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schell
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.