JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new game store is celebrating it's grand opening this weekend, and I will be there all day Sunday running Demo's of Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game. The events start at Noon and go all day! So come on and celebrate, and join the fun!

The store is called
Card and Board

The address is:
105 Depot St.
Archbold, Ohio 43502
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up! I was about to plan a weekend roadtrip, but then discovered Archbold OH is on the WESTERN side of Ohio. If only it were the EASTERN side...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still worth it! I'll be at Origins next weekend with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OH MAN! I wish I could make the 3-hour drive, but I don't think I can... I second soakman, you should come to the Eastern side for some demos! I'll try to catch you at Origins, then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmaia wrote:
OH MAN! I wish I could make the 3-hour drive, but I don't think I can... I second soakman, you should come to the Eastern side for some demos! :) I'll try to catch you at Origins, then!

How about somewhere in the middle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:
rmaia wrote:
OH MAN! I wish I could make the 3-hour drive, but I don't think I can... I second soakman, you should come to the Eastern side for some demos! :) I'll try to catch you at Origins, then!

My house is available. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:
Still worth it! I'll be at Origins next weekend with it.

Where are you setting up at Origins?

I'd love to give the production copy a whirl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently planning on running games in the Board room. It's been a few years since I've been to Origins, I can't remember if there is a non-board room open gaming area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
There was last year. On the north end of the second floor.

Above where the math trade happens on Saturday.

I did not take advantage of the space last year though. I was only at Origins on Saturday and I spent most of the day roaming the exhibition hall.

EDIT: The open gaming space will be available this year as well and in the same location as last year, per the Origins 2014 site book (p34).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:

I did not take advantage of the space last year though. I was only at Origins on Saturday and I spent most of the day roaming the exhibition hall.

EDIT: The open gaming space will be available this year as well and in the same location as last year, per the Origins 2014 site book (p34).

Hmmm, then I may hang out there, so people don't have to get the board room badge if they don't want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DEAL!

jgilmour wrote:
rmaia wrote:
OH MAN! I wish I could make the 3-hour drive, but I don't think I can... I second soakman, you should come to the Eastern side for some demos! I'll try to catch you at Origins, then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joepinion wrote:
jgilmour wrote:
rmaia wrote:

My house is available. :)

Deal, you host a mid-Ohio game day, invite a ton of random internet strangers, and I will attend =-)

Also Joe, you are welcome to come to our monthly game days here in lovely Montpelier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are always welcome to come to CABS in centrally located Columbus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmreed wrote:
You guys are always welcome to come to CABS in centrally located Columbus. :)

I do miss going to CABSfest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Magdzinski
United States
Matthews
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would drive up from Cincy this weekend if I didn't already have family down from Michigan. Bummer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha. I would be more tempted to do it. Just kidding!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:
JBMoby wrote:

Hmmm, then I may hang out there, so people don't have to get the board room badge if they don't want to.

awesome! any easy way to spot you there? I'm only going to Origins for a day on Thursday and I really want to try and get a taste of this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have a Plaid Hat, and possibly a PHG shirt. I'll also GM you my phone number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:
I'll have a Plaid Hat, and possibly a PHG shirt. I'll also GM you my phone number.

you have no idea how excited I am for this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do! Almost as excited as I am!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When / where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's so far away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon, just wanted to make sure I came here to thank you for making the effort of being available to play this game at origins! It's really awesome you'd engage like that and I feel very lucky I got to play this game at Origins and with you!

I came in with the highest of expectations, and the game still managed to blow my mind. It was all we could talk about on our drive back and I can't wait to get my copy so we can play it some more! (first thing Tom did when he got here? preorder the game!) Thanks again, and good luck with the demo's throughout the rest of the weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmaia wrote:
Jon, just wanted to make sure I came here to thank you for making the effort of being available to play this game at origins! It's really awesome you'd engage like that and I feel very lucky I got to play this game at Origins and with you!

I came in with the highest of expectations, and the game still managed to blow my mind. It was all we could talk about on our drive back and I can't wait to get my copy so we can play it some more! (first thing Tom did when he got here? preorder the game!) Thanks again, and good luck with the demo's throughout the rest of the weekend! :D

Thank you! It was my pleasure! You guys were great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:
That's so far away!

Not for me! I live just a few towns down from there. Send me the game and I'll demo it there for you!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.