Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Campbell
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do the horses in "Winners Circle" move clockwise around the track?..every race I've watched on TV, they always go counter-clockwise..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Is Not Geddy Lee
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have your TV on backwards. Turn it around

Actually I bet it is because it is an import and they drive the wrong way over there, so I bet there horses race the wrong way too.

Ok, sorry, I am not helpful when I should be sleeping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Guess you haven't watched English Racing (or Japanese Racing) wherein some of the tracks have the horses run clockwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Campbell
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
........shake................

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
! I hadn't realized that.

Guess you could take a digital picture of the track and then mirror it in photoshop, etc and paste it over the real board and voila! counter-clockwise version.

You are right, though. How odd!

-Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I'm flabbergasted... flumuxed... beside myself.. up in arms...

I've played this game quite a bit, but have been moving the horses counter-clockwise like the ponies actually do in the US. I guess I never read the rules close enough because I just assumed.

Can someone quote the rules here? What do the rules say about direction of movement?

-bewildered goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an illustration of the starting spaces (33-27 - notice how they go backwards): the first horse is placed on the first space (space 33) behind the Start/Finish line. The second horse is placed on space 32, the third on space 31 and so on.

The illustration makes it (almost?) impossible to miss...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.