Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Niekamp
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks, just working on a personal project and wondered if anybody had any feedback. Since I figured purchasing a copy of RE isn't going to happen unless I find it at a thrift store, I decided to make my own copy.

Several of the version posted here are awesome, but I decided since I was going to have to PnP anyway, I'd make my own copy.

I could talk about theme and why you're trying to "capture" rides in the park, and why Walt is the general and Mickey is a cannon and the Castle is cavalry, but why?

So, I'm just wondering what you think. Not finished by any means...

I know the images are little. Uploaded them that way intentionally since pretty much every single aspect of the cards make use of copyrighted material. Making these for personal use, and, no, I'm sorry, I won't upload the files because of those copyright issues. Sorry if that sounds mean, but I've accidentally run afoul of those rules before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Harrison
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.gamesonthebrain.com
badge
www.gamesonthebrain.com

Are you aware that Age of War is due any day now?

It is a rethemed version of Risk Express from FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Really cool! Love that old poster art. If you decide to share the files in the future (dropbox? email?) I'd definitely be interested!

This gives me some ideas of what to make with that custom dice kickstarter....
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/customgamelab/custom-ga...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Niekamp
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GamesOnTheBrain wrote:

Are you aware that Age of War is due any day now?

It is a rethemed version of Risk Express from FFG.

Yup, it's on my wishlist -- but I have been going crazy using all the indented d6s I've picked up thrifting: Roboderby Express, Aether Captains, 7 Wonders Dice, etc etc etc and realized this one was one I really wanted to make.

I have as much fun using my "design" skills and making this stuff as I do playing the games. So, it's fun. Plus it's something I doubt I'll ever see. Disneyland Risk Express? Come on, cool factor! (At least for me. *grin)

soosy wrote:
Really cool! Love that old poster art. If you decide to share the files in the future (dropbox? email?) I'd definitely be interested!

This gives me some ideas of what to make with that custom dice kickstarter....
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/customgamelab/custom-ga...

Yeah, I backed that -- at a higher level than I'd planned, but we decided we were going to make some custom dice for our (my wife and my) families for Christmas.

But yeah, now you have me thinking....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny's Land

Salem
OR
msg tools
badge
OOK!
mb
I'd totally play this.

You might consider making a more generalized "Theme Park" version for posting to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kirchhoff
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.