Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
The pledge manager says it includes the bag of bones for $20, I don't see it listed anywhere or images of the Map Tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This von drakk tile pack + creeps package looks like an entirely new thing that soda pop hadn't released info on until that pledge survey thing went out.

They seem to be considering whether to combine creeps + tile packages, but are receiving a little push back from fans that (apparently) have been budgeting based on creeps and tiles sold separately.

I personally hope they package them together, as I was planning to buy the slimes and crystalia dungeon packs anyway, and the combined package will save me $. Other folks are disconcerted by the additional cost for creeps/tiles when they weren't planning to get both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap I didn't see any other new bundles only that one. Were there more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's just von drakk + skeletons and dungeons of crystalia + slimes. The base games tiles seem to work off the rabid squirrel creeps, although I'm not sure if they will come with the base game, post-KS.

As I said above, this seems to be a really recent development, so I don't think anything is certain yet about these combined packs (and I hope the backer whining about an additional $5-10 doesn't scuttle the idea).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should offer both options because if you're being objective, what they tried to do was pretty crappy for a certain subset of people. Mainly, people that wanted only the creeps or people that wanted both but also wanted additional packs of just the creeps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolono wrote:
I think it's just von drakk + skeletons and dungeons of crystalia + slimes. The base games tiles seem to work off the rabid squirrel creeps, although I'm not sure if they will come with the base game, post-KS.

As I said above, this seems to be a really recent development, so I don't think anything is certain yet about these combined packs (and I hope the backer whining about an additional $5-10 doesn't scuttle the idea).

For $20, I doubt it. Von Drakk is over $30 on it's own. I think it's some new tiles plus the skeletons just not sure what they look like. I am messaging them now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
They should offer both options because if you're being objective, what they tried to do was pretty crappy for a certain subset of people. Mainly, people that wanted only the creeps or people that wanted both but also wanted additional packs of just the creeps.

That makes sense; I wouldn't mind a second pack of slimes myself, but wouldn't need the extra tiles (unless to sell, donate or trade them...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the point of extra slimes, skulls and squirrels? we only play with two people and maybe 3 characters max.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it all depends on the number of players, group/owner preferences, and if any of the creep sets emerge as particularly fearsome. I'm sure there are very proficient play groups out there, where the consul player cultivates the best and strongest collections of monsters available. During the last thumping I received as consul, I would have taken as many slimes as I could to shut down the annoying loot and treasures the heroes accumulated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what are the best ones to have extras, slimes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither the general rules/behaviors for creeps, nor their stats have been released yet. I was only speculating about why someone might want to buy tons of slimes and/or slimes + map packs.

I'm mostly interested in slimes because the previews we've seen for them imply they screw with the heroes loot slots somehow (based on color; red slimes mess with weapons, green slimes mess with armor, etc). I'm also drawn to them for aesthetic reasons = multicolored transparent plastic minis!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was info on these in the last two updates. The Von Dark tiles are new and there's currently no pictures of them (though I'm sure we'll see them soon). They said instead of offering tiles for $20 and the creeps for $15 they were going to combine them for $25. Seems a lot of people complained about this because they'd budgeted just for creeps or tiles and weren't interested in the other bits and so they effectively became either $10 or $5 more expensive. As a result SPM said they would keep the creeps separate but anybody who opted for the $20 tile set would get the creeps anyway because that is how they are going to be sold at retail. So tiles + creeps just went from $35 to $20 which is pretty awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
jonahmaul wrote:
There was info on these in the last two updates. The Von Dark tiles are new and there's currently no pictures of them (though I'm sure we'll see them soon). They said instead of offering tiles for $20 and the creeps for $15 they were going to combine them for $25. Seems a lot of people complained about this because they'd budgeted just for creeps or tiles and weren't interested in the other bits and so they effectively became either $10 or $5 more expensive. As a result SPM said they would keep the creeps separate but anybody who opted for the $20 tile set would get the creeps anyway because that is how they are going to be sold at retail. So tiles + creeps just went from $35 to $20 which is pretty awesome.

Yeah, fantastic news for me. I was planning to get some slimes but no Crystalia tile pack ($15) and a Von Drakk tile pack but no skellies ($20) but thanks to this I can have skellies, slimes and BOTH tile packs for just an extra $5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only dumb thing is they didn't tell us about them and now I already closed my survey, will we be able to add them with the pledge manger you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Only dumb thing is they didn't tell us about them and now I already closed my survey, will we be able to add them with the pledge manger you think?

I think so - the survey specified they were just estimates and they said "The final section of questions is estimates on what rewards you will be getting. These are estimates only and do not need to be 100% accurate or match what you pledged exactly."

The survey is basically to give them a ballpark of the amount of stuff they'll need to order, it shouldn't prevent you ordering these when the pledge manager goes live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

I've been told that you wil be able to add them in the pledge manager regardless of how you answered in the survey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

Yeah, fantastic news for me. I was planning to get some slimes but no Crystalia tile pack ($15) and a Von Drakk tile pack but no skellies ($20) but thanks to this I can have skellies, slimes and BOTH tile packs for just an extra $5

The VDM tiles were a nice surprise and I think I'm going to get some. I'm not too fussed about the Rattlebones but if they've made them less than useless now then it'll be good! I'm not sure on the other tiles yet though, I'll probably wait until they get a retail release. I did start making some 3D tiles which I should really finish at some point!

LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Yes, they said the surveys are just for estimates so I'm sure there won't be any problems adding in some extras as they'll order surplus of everything.

edit - ninja'd. Twice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for you are input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.