Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone working on a vassal module for GSF? It seems like a perfect game for vassal.

Does Greater than Games mind if one is created?

I am not good at programming, or I would start scanning my set immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
since >G is tiny, they might prefer folks wait for a bit more sell-through before someone releases their second child into the wild ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
since >G is tiny, they might prefer folks wait for a bit more sell-through before someone releases their second child into the wild ^^

There can be the restriction that key components not have text on them, thus requiring that the user has a physical copy of the game as reference. That is the condition that Fantasy Flight puts on modules for their games.

It isn't a perfect fix, but it works well and the vassal modules do give thegame more eexposure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

There can be the restriction that key components not have text on them, thus requiring that the user has a physical copy of the game as reference. That is the condition that Fantasy Flight puts on modules for their games.

It isn't a perfect fix, but it works well and the vassal modules do give thegame more eexposure.

You could email them about that, it sounds a lot more likely ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trystan
Sweden
Hässleholm
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a fantastic vassal module for Sentinels of the Multiverse that let you try the game out before you bought it.

It only had 6 of the heroes, 2 villains and 2 environments from the core box but was more than enough to let you see if the game was for you or not. Something similar would be fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trystanosaurus wrote:
There was a fantastic vassal module for Sentinels of the Multiverse that let you try the game out before you bought it.

It only had 6 of the heroes, 2 villains and 2 environments from the core box but was more than enough to let you see if the game was for you or not. Something similar would be fantastic.

That would be awesome, as those who have the game could scan in other cards for their own use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am feeling a bit ambitious, and will have some down time while traveling.

If I can get all the scans in before I take off to Asia in a couple weeks, I may just try programing this myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They may be against it now considering they are working on a SoTM Tablet and Phone app. If it goes well I can see them doing one for GSF as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.