Hide
4 Posts

Battles of Westeros» Forums » Rules

Subject: moving, wait, then attack confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fenrill Aran
msg tools
Hi, I'm new to the game and I have been reading some of the threads in here to clarify my doubts about the rules, but I'm still unsure about one question. I thought that when you ordered a unit you had to complete all the actions on that unit,that unit becomes inactive, then you could order your second unit. The question I saw said that you could move your two units(one with range to attack and the other one out of range), one would attack and cause a retreat, then your second unit would be in range to attack. Is this really possible? because then can I move a unit, wait a few turns for a enemy unit to get close to me and then attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You order X number of units. X must be at least 1. All movements of ordered units must be completed before you can start attacking with those ordered units.

If you order 3 units, you would first move each one in the sequence of your choosing. After all movement has been completed, then those same 3 units would be eligible to make attacks, if possible, again in the sequence of your choosing. Units don't need to have moved to be able to attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On your turn say you play a card that says "order 2 units". You choose a commander that plays this order and you choose 2 units in his zone of command that you will order. Now those two chosen units move first, you can do that in any order. Once you have positioned those two units they way you like, you may attack with them, in any order you wish. You may have intended to attack the same enemy unit with both of them (to take advantage of flanking during the second attack). However it may so happen that your first unit's attack caused the enemy to retreat and is no longer in the second unit's reach. You will not be able to move your unit this turn though, you will need to choose a different target for your attack, if any.

You may not save attacks for future turns, orders must be completed the same turn they were played, all unused "portions" (moves, attacks) are gone, if not performed.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenrill Aran
msg tools
Ohh oks that makes sense, I didn't knew I had to move all my units first then attack. It was my mistake I guess because I was using the rules of another game(dungeon command) where once you select a unit you have to completely move, attack or do anything else before you can begin the action of the other unit, but thank you for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.