Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to try out this squad and with the E-Wing I've won at my local Imdaar tournament, I think that this squadron will be tested tomorrow:

Etahn (E-Wing)
R2-F2, Push the Limit, Fire-Control System, Stealth Device

Wedge (X-Wing)
R2 Astromech, Swarm Tactics

Tarn (X-Wing)
R7 Astromech

= 100 pts

I think that while this squadron only sports three ships, these should be quite resiliant while still able to deal out enough damage if flown somewhat well (I envision them in a tight formation with Etahn slightly in the back for his ability to kick in).

Tarn can use his target locks for offensive or defensive opportunities.

Wedge can enhance the pilot skill of Tarn or Etahn while still being very mobile with his trusty R2 Astromech.

Etahn will enhance the offensive capabilities of both other pilots while being very hard to hit for the enemy (PTL... Evade... another Evade via the R2-F2 for example) while still being a offensive player by himself with his Fire-control system.

What do you think of this Rebel elite squadron?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
I'd like to try out this squad and with the E-Wing I've won at my local Imdaar tournament, I think that this squadron will be tested tomorrow:

Etahn (E-Wing)

Wedge (X-Wing)

Tarn (X-Wing)
R7 Astromech

= 100 pts

I don't know the answer to this, and maybe the math heads here can tell us, but an R7 droid might be better on Etahn than R2F2. Because you have fire control, if you target the enemy ship you most fear shooting at you (at PS 9 from Wedge), then you will have a target lock on him so when he attacks you, you can use R7's ability for defense, which is probably better than an extra defense die. Plus, that saves your second action for an evade or barrel roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Mason
Australia
flag msg tools
Piqsid wrote:
rashktah wrote:

Etahn (E-Wing)

Wedge (X-Wing)

Tarn (X-Wing)
R7 Astromech

= 100 pts

I don't know the answer to this, and maybe the math heads here can tell us, but an R7 droid might be better on Etahn than R2F2. Because you have fire control, if you target the enemy ship you most fear shooting at you (at PS 9 from Wedge), then you will have a target lock on him so when he attacks you, you can use R7's ability for defense, which is probably better than an extra defense die. Plus, that saves your second action for an evade or barrel roll.

I agree, R7 is more useful here than R2-F2.

First, R2-F2 is worse than a focus action. an extra evade dice has 8 faces, 3 of which are evade, 3 blank and 2 focus. spending the action on R2-F2 adds one die, or 3/8ths of a chance to evade one more hit. if you used focus instead, that would add 2 faces on each of your current 3 dice. compare the two: 4x(3/8)_vs_3x(5/8) or 12/8_vs_15/8

Fire control is useful for the reasons described. and as long as you shoot first, you can get benefit out of R7 also. The token assigned is not an action, so you can acquire multiple target locks per turn (as long as you're only holding one at a time)

However, as Etahn has the push the limit talent which adds stress, i would think that R2 astromech would be more useful on that ship than the either R2-F2 or R7. As for R2 on Wedge, when is he getting stressed other than K-turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.