Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scipio O.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Great game. Two questions:

1- The rules are clear that a ship cannot go below 1 marine manpower when taking damage ("Marine Damage" under 3.7.9 & 3.7.11). But both of those references relate to taking damage from enemy fire. I do not see that the Melee rules mention the issue. So if a melee attempt to capture a grappled enemy ship fails, with 1 remaining manpower, does the attacking ship lose its last marines?

2- Is the Audacity rating added to initiative rolls in a 1-1 duel scenario where there are no commanders? The rules state to do so if your fleet admiral is dead or captured (3.4).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Skippy,

1) Marine values never drop below one, regardless of the source of damage.

2) In Duel scenarios, you use cards to determine initiative, not dice rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scipio O.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpnagel wrote:
2) In Duel scenarios, you use cards to determine initiative, not dice rolls.

Thanks! Really, this is a great game and I may well venture into the expansions. But for now, I have just FC which does not come with the cards. There are several 1-1 scenarios in the FC Playbook. So...?

(If you're going to call me 'Skippy,' I may have to decamp for War Galley.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh ... since moving on to additional games in the series, I forgot about those tiny scenarios.

Yes, add audacity ... and pick up a copy of Serpents of the Seas! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.