Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Horoszowski
United States
Pleasantville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a beautiful oak box made on etsy to carry around as many varying types of games for different situations/crowds as I could. It's 12x8x4 inches and the lid comes off to act as a dice tray. It perfectly fits into the camera compartment of my backpack. I've taken some of the boards scanned and scaled them and made laminated paper versions.

Currently I have in there:

Pasha (Wife's favorite)
Resistance
Resistance: Coup
Marvel Dice Masters
One Night Werewolf
Mr. Jack Pocket (Though I just discovered the IOS app so this may go)
Catan the Dice Game
Bang the Dice Game
King of Tokyo (lots of tricks to save space including laminated monsters)
Space Hulk Death Angel
Monopoly Deal Card Game
Friday
No Thanks
A Deck of cards.
Assorted Dice for Score keeping.

I took out Race for the galaxy (plus solitaire expansion), which I love, because the stack of cards was just too big.

I was curious of what people thought of the list and if there were any other good games that might be a better substitutions. I definitely want a few solitaire games on the list.

If anyone is really interested i can post a picture or a video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gabriel
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps a Rainbow Deck in place of the standard deck of cards? Also I would love to see i picture of the box your speaking of. Sounds nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Horoszowski
United States
Pleasantville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the suggestion. The extra pieces that came with the deluxe looks like it could replace a few other components nicely.

I ended up setting up a camera and doing a quick walk through for fun. Let me know if it's too painful to watch.

http://youtu.be/4VtFwioqPvQ

I also forgot to give a shout out to the maker of the box.

Jeff at Ceres Studios
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeresStudios

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gabriel
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
calaban9 wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. The extra pieces that came with the deluxe looks like it could replace a few other components nicely.

I ended up setting up a camera and doing a quick walk through for fun. Let me know if it's too painful to watch.

http://youtu.be/4VtFwioqPvQ

Yeah, I totally intend to get a deck sooner or later. I read rumblings of a kickstarter however if that never materializes I plan to have two nice high quality linen decks printed. One for the car for reasons similar to your box. Just to play games I already own and know on the go.

In any case I like the box. Thats a great use of the lid and you seem to have made use of every square inch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Lazzaro

Schaumburg
Illinois
msg tools
Wow very impressive to get as much in there as you have. You could try Hanabi (I seem to be recommending that a lot). It is a different experience, 65 cards (if my math is correct) is all that you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.