Subject: Hank Highflyer Hawk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Borys Zaba-Zabinski
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hank Highflyer Hawk card: Your character cards are ignored except Flit character cards and active Protected cards.

Let's say I played this card against some character, than opponent played character with 5 Fire and booster that doubles Fire value of one character - that gives him 0 (character is ignored by HHH) against HHH 0 value. Now, it's my turn again and while HHH is active I can play 0+ card but when I play it HHH is no longer active and my opponent total value rises to 10 - is that correct and am I forced to play 10+ character only (if I want to continue fight)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Your announced power must be higher than the opponent's power at the time you announce it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yann Gomez
Canada
flag msg tools
That's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Grey Dolphin Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

I used to use Hank defensively. Then, last game against the Hoax, my friend played Hank with the boomerang booster. He already had a support card giving him +2 fire, making hank's total 4 fire, plus his cancelling ability. With no supports out and all my characters becoming zero, I was unable to continue fighting and had to retreat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best defence is a good offence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borys Zaba-Zabinski
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
additional question:

If I have HHH active and opponent has active Ember (You may not play character cards that do not have special power text) (deactivated by HHH): can in you turn play a card without special power text, cover HHH making it inactive and opponent Ember active which would than not allow you to play this character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rzaba wrote:
additional question:

If I have HHH active and opponent has active Ember (You may not play character cards that do not have special power text) (deactivated by HHH): can in you turn play a card without special power text, cover HHH making it inactive and opponent Ember active which would than not allow you to play this character?

This one is easy if you think it through. First you play your new character. Only after it is successfully played is HHH covered. So during your play, HHH is uncovered, hence it is active, hence Ember's text is ignored, hence nothing to stop you playing the card.

While the justifying quotes from the rulebook would need changing, a massive job I'm not planning, take a look at the Blue Moon FAQ list. The exact line of argument may have changed (but may not) bit the answers are all unchanged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.