Hide
15 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Hmmmmm... Promos no longer available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S S
msg tools
Anyone else notice Gale Force Nine has removed the Artful Dodger and the Big Damn Heroes from their online shop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Lea
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.... they sold out of the last batch sooner than they had thought, and apparently are going to re-package due to the success of the orders.

I had ordered Artful Dodger just before they went dark.

Here is an excerpt from the email they sent me:

"We would like to take a moment and keep you informed that we do have your order for the Artful Dodger item FIRE002S. The reason your order has not shipped is because we are just waiting on the new supply for its re-launch in June. With the success of the game, the Artful Dodger and the Big Damn Hero cards we have decided to repackage the Artful Dodger and the Big Damn Hero cards in a retail friendly packaging. And of course with this we anticipated our current stock to last just long enough until the repackage arrive and unfortunately we could not gauge the success and have sold out of the first print run."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, according to tracking, UPS is delivering my Dodger and BDH today... I must have just made the cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
msg tools
DarinFett wrote:
"We would like to take a moment and keep you informed that we do have your order for the Artful Dodger item FIRE002S. The reason your order has not shipped is because we are just waiting on the new supply for its re-launch in June. With the success of the game, the Artful Dodger and the Big Damn Hero cards we have decided to repackage the Artful Dodger and the Big Damn Hero cards in a retail friendly packaging. And of course with this we anticipated our current stock to last just long enough until the repackage arrive and unfortunately we could not gauge the success and have sold out of the first print run."

Thanks. Good to know. When the new supply is in, I will order another Artful Dodger, as the one I received is playable but has some indentations from the ship base on the surface of the ship card because of the way it was shipped. They can't be seen unless you tilt the card and look at light reflecting off the surface. Not a big deal playability wise, but I would like a dent-free Dodger ship card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My Artful Dodger card was similarly damaged -- although the gouge is so bad that it almost breaks through the card. Playable, sure, but I shelled out specifically for the card, so I contacted customer services about a replacement.

Unfortunately, I've been waiting since March and just got this today:

"I don't have any Artful Dodgers at the moment. They are still in production. ETA 4-6 weeks."

Very frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd quite happily sell my Big Damn Heroes promos that I bought for cost price. I paid E10 for them at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziemek
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a polish shop with Artful Dodger and BDH on a stock. English version of course:

http://www.planszostrefa.pl/pl/searchquery/firefly/1/full/5?...

call: +48 604 536 822
e-mail: sklep@planszostrefa.pl adam@planszostrefa.pl

100 zł = 33 USD = 25 EUR = 20 GBP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Artful Dodger card has similar dents from the ship miniature on the surface. Fortunately they are not so deep as to have damaged the art, but it was certainly disappointing to have the card arrive in this condition.

I was on the fence about getting it replaced as it is playable. It's good to know that GF9/Battlefront are doing something about it for future customers. A small piece of bubble wrap around the miniature would have eliminated the problem in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, UPS brought my Dodger today... I must have gotten one of the last ones. (It was ordered nine days ago.)
Mine was mailed in a stout box with packing foam; the ship card was in a ziplock that also contained a smaller bag, with the mini and base. I can detect no gouging.

While I'm happy to have the ship, it somewhat disappoints me that GF9 would sell me one before taking care of existing customer service problems. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and hope it was just bad internal communications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
My Artful Dodger card came slightly damaged, too, although not enough to be a problem - so GF9's repackaging is a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Duncan
United Kingdom
East Kilbride
South Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
www.gameburst.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i ordered a pack of the big damn heroes monday, granted they haven't arrived yet.
but worth phoning them up if your looking to pick up a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The store appears to be offline at the moment of writing. Hopefully it is replace it it with a modern fully featured webstore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Parker
msg tools
I was really lucky with the BDH promo cards. When I bought the game at my LGS, the storeowner had one set of BDH cards left and gave them to me. This would have been sometime before Christmas, if I remember correctly. I haven't used them yet, but to paraphrase River regarding Shepherd Book's hair, "(they're) still there, waiting."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Mantuano
United States
Hamilton Square
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both sets of promos (BDH and Dodger) are going into retail distribution starting next week, and are avail for pre-order:

The Gamer's Realm
1750 Whitehorse-Mercerville Road
Hamilton, NJ 08619
(609) 584-6979

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wise
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
I ordered mine right after receiving the email. My card was bagged separately from my ship(the card in a big ziploc and the ship/stand in a small one). My only gripe with the shipping was the HUGE box they shipped it in. It was literally flopping around in the box, but was unscathed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.