Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrey
Russia
St. Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is last-minute entry, finished it in a day.

Gameplay overview:

In this kind-of-anti-draft game, each player has three Familiar cards. Each round you chose one and compare with the one your opponent played, the stronger wins - but! - players then exchange played cards. Depending on the position the card was played from (new one or stayed with you for some turns) you also may get a bonus, which activates special abilities.

Setting overview:

You are a mighty and wise wizard, living in your tower. You are working on a new spell so clever that it will put all your neighbors (also wizards) to shame, but they, you suspect, are trying to do the same.

To finish your research first, you came up with a little trick. There are three familiars in your tower - helping you out, running on errands, breaking stuff, panicking, when something goes wrong. You use them as messengers as well, to send other wizards short notes, formulas or rare ingredients.

Every one of these creatures probably does more harm than good in your laboratory, but, although you are used to them, perhaps your rivals are not. What if you’ll send them the most mischievous critters next time?

Rules:
https://app.box.com/s/6ylkybx39a1r9tv1374h

Cards:
https://app.box.com/s/t02busacjwnfda8ddhn3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Awww, I can't view .rar files in Chrome. But this seems like a cool starting concept that something more elaborate could develop!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I have the same problem. My computer can't even open the .rar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey
Russia
St. Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Uploaded rules and cards separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Where did you get the potion symbol you are using? Most games would have used a glass bottle icon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey
Russia
St. Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's default Unicode symbol. Didn't find anything else resembling potion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I printed this game tonight (my first p-n-p ever, aside from my own prototypes, never even did that for kickstarter!) I think it would be helpful to add 6 cards that say Pantry - Laboratory - Library that each player could use as a play mat. (I made one myself so players have a reference). This would eliminate the 2 markers per player and define the positions better.

Edit: On the Library text, add the text +1 to remind players this familiar gets +1 negligence if it is the messenger. Might as well add the potion icon to the Laboratory text too.

I think it would be helpful to rename one of the two L positions to something starting with another letter. Then the 'special' dice for this game could be d6 with those 3 letters twice.

Now I gotta get an opponent to try this game out on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey
Russia
St. Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'll add the room cards after the contest ends :]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Just realized you can eliminate the victory point tokens if you put a 1-8 ruler on the room playmats and only need 6 gems for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Pending a room name change and turning the ruler numbers 90 degrees to the right:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.