Popular Tags: [View All]
Grauerholz Nils
Belgium
Bruxelles Ixelles
Bruxelles Capitale
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!
I'm so excited, this project will be funded in 7 hours, and only $3,000 USD to go for the Beyond the meadow stretch goal!

Go ants go!

Does the designers have an idea for the color of the ants cubes of the 5 player expansion (that we just unlocked kiss )?

I was hoping for a natural color, like brown, but it's already used by the food tokens.
So maybe green? Like the Oecophylla sp. (weaver ant)?
The queen is green:

and the workers are half green:

Are you going to create a poll? An "Ant color" poll ?

January 2015 will never be so far away!

Tim et Ryan, encore bravo! Superbe travail!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, January can't come quick enough!

If greens not already taken, that could definitely work! Or perhaps silver-y, maybe? Such as the Saharan Silver Ants, or Cataglyphis bombycina!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote Purple. Whenever a game has purple there is always more than one player that wants to claim it. I know because I am one and I generally let the other players have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grauerholz Nils
Belgium
Bruxelles Ixelles
Bruxelles Capitale
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mail from kickstarter: "Project Update #16 by Tim Eisner"

"Color
There has been some discussion already regarding the color for the fifth player. We want to make sure that it is as friendly as possible for color blind players and also want to add a color that is fun and fits in the meadow. My top candidates are orange, brown and purple. we are definitely open to suggestions and the final colors will be vetted by color blindness filters and players."

So you were also thinking about brown!

Hmm. Purple… Really not my favorite. Make me think of this ant:

So. Neither green, nor grey?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the decision is: PURPLE!!!!

They've posted a draft of their rules for proofing and the fifth player color is purple!

Oh and the rules look FABULOUS! imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bonnyaclyde wrote:
And the decision is: PURPLE!!!!

They've posted a draft of their rules for proofing and the fifth player color is purple!

Oh and the rules look FABULOUS! imo.

Unfortunately, now that the games have arrived, it turns out that the shade of purple chosen is nearly indistinguishable from black for color blind gamers. I will probably just use a paint pen to put dots on all of the purple cubes, so I can tell them apart.

I'm glad they put in the effort to try to make sure the game worked for the color blind, but it looks like the factory's inks missed the mark a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Eisner
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes we were wrestling with the factory over the purple color until the very end (it was pretty much the last thing holding up production). So after submitting the final color I did not get to see it on wood before it went to print. My apologies to any color blind players and I like Evil Jello's paint pen solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my game and the production quality is very nice. The box looks great. The rule book is definitely above average.
I just have to wonder: what happened with the box insert. It assume it was designed for A game, just not this one. Because it does not fit these components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bonnyaclyde wrote:

I just have to wonder: what happened with the box insert. It assume it was designed for A game, just not this one. Because it does not fit these components.

The purpose of a box insert is to keep the components from breaking on their way to you. That's pretty much it. That also explains why most of them aren't terribly good - they are only to hold the punch boards in place until you get your package.

This one has one channel that's the correct width for the cards, and one channel that's the correct width for the tiles. That's about the best you can ask for with a folded cardboard insert, and is in fact better than many others I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You must have gotten a different box insert from me. Neither channel of my box insert is wide enough for the tiles to fit into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bonnyaclyde wrote:
You must have gotten a different box insert from me. Neither channel of my box insert is wide enough for the tiles to fit into.

Protip: Try rotating the tiles. They can fit point-to-point in the larger channel. I toss a scrap of cardboard between them just to keep everything tidy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.