BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Amazon.ca -> What to buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Okay Player
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Just received a $150 Amazon.ca giftcard (no one asks me what I want). Any suggestions on what to purchase? I can't find any "deals" on new games or anything even reasonably priced for that matter. Not sure why there is such a crazy pricing discrepancy between the two Amazon sites.

I'm at the point where it doesn't even matter if it's already in my collection as I can just re-gift the game to someone else.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
you could always try math trade'ing it away... or even just trying to direct trade it... there are folks who will buy stuff other than games from amazon(.ca)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Okay Player
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Unfortunately I can't trade away the giftcard as I received it via email, straight into my Amazon account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, there really aren't any good deals. :/

You've probably already seen all of these, but just some light browsing...

$12
Love Letter

$40-50ish range, you can get up to 3 games
T'zolkin
Castles of Burgundy
Power Grid
Puerto Rico
Flash Point
Netrunner
Ra
Dominion

$60ish
Kingdom Builder
Bruges

$75ish
Terra Mystica
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have Indigo on for half price at $20. Ordered one myself. I believe they have another edition that comes with a colouring book, if you're into that kind of thing...

http://www.amazon.ca/Ravensburger-26563-Indigo-Family-Game/d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably just have to sit on it for a while until some deals come up. I picked up 1989: Dawn of Freedom from Amazon for a pretty good price a few weeks back. Just keep checking and watching until you find something. I'm guessing that the gift card doesn't expire.

edit: link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Shelton
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the math trade suggestion is the best way to go. Instead of offering the entire gift card amount, you could offer one of the following:
1) $XX amount towards a game of the person's choice
2) Find the most coveted game and offer that, then just purchase it and have it mailed to the recipient

I definitely think a math trade is the way to go here because they attract many people from Canada, so shipping charges won't be too bad for them. Another reason is you have a huge number of people all looking at you offer at one time, instead of posting it somewhere else and waiting for who knows how long.

Good luck to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.