Patrick Schifano

St. Paul
msg tools
mbmbmb
So a 3 Str/6 Morale cavalry advances after CC into the frontal hex of some Swedish HI. As Reaction Fire the HI does Salvo fire and causes 1 Casualty. My interpretation of what happened next using v6.0 rules:

1. The Cav immediately loses a Morale level, i.e. it gained the MS/CT marker.(12.5.1 and 12.5.2)
2. The Cav then takes a MC for the following reasons;
-Taking 1 Fire Casualty(10.6.2)
-Salvo Fire(10.6.3)
...and does not take one due to the CT because of (10.6.4)
This MC was at the modified Morale due to the CT, so MC+1.
3. The Cav failed this test miserably, and because it was at Morale Shaken it immediately entered Morale Broken.(12.4.6)

I ask because this makes most Morale 6 Cavalry very fragile. 50% chance that a successful Pistol discharge will break them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sir_schwick wrote:
So a 3 Str/6 Morale cavalry advances after CC into the frontal hex of some Swedish HI. As Reaction Fire the HI does Salvo fire and causes 1 Casualty. My interpretation of what happened next using v6.0 rules:

1. The Cav immediately loses a Morale level, i.e. it gained the MS/CT marker.(12.5.1 and 12.5.2)
-Salvo Fire(10.6.3)
3. The Cav failed this test miserably, and because it was at Morale Shaken it immediately entered Morale Broken.(12.4.6)

I ask because this makes most Morale 6 Cavalry very fragile. 50% chance that a successful Pistol discharge will break them.

That is correct morale 6 cavalry is fragile, the effect is entirely intentional, the moral of the story is beware of getting your cavalry too close to the infantry. Infantry firepower can rapidly chew up cavalry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
benhull wrote:
sir_schwick wrote:

-Salvo Fire(10.6.3)

That is correct morale 6 cavalry is fragile, the effect is entirely intentional, the morale of the story is beware of getting your cavalry too close to the infantry. Infantry firepower can rapidly chew up cavalry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.