Subject: What is a good next step game for my group? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Terry

Crystal
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a group from college that meets together yearly and I am trying to figure out what would be a good game to introduce to our group. We started in college with Rail Baron and then Settlers of Catan and Cities and Knights took over, then we had a strong Power Grid movement which has not yet faded. I then got Puerto Rico and a few got into it. Another brought Dominion and a few got into it as well. One of the group gave me Agricola which I am still not sure I have gotten a good handle on it. So far nothing has unseated Power Grid (which is not a bad thing) Anyone have any recommendations of other games to check out based on what we have enjoyed so far?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
You should get hold of a copy of El Grande as soon as you can. In my opinion, it is the best Euro game ever made, and if you like Puerto Rico and Power Grid, you ought to like it—the scoring is different, but it's quite entertaining.

On the same note, if you want to upgrade to something heavier and more slippery, try Dominant Species.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Buttimer
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our two most requested games in our game group right now are Lords of Waterdeep and Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game. Those are always popular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Alexander
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyclades (has a great auction element which will appeal if you like that part of Power Grid) and/or Cosmic Encounter will offer something a little different to what you've played previously. Both are incredible games that are easy to learn (but have considerable depth), have lots of player interaction and most importantly.. are just really fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.