Subject: 6 winners selected in the contest, lots of great ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
Now the selected winners for the expansion contest are finally done! Check them out, lots of great ideas. We were unable to choose 3, so increased the number of winners to 6...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
RustanR wrote:
Now the selected winners for the expansion contest are finally done! Check them out, lots of great ideas. We were unable to choose 3, so increased the number of winners to 6...

Hey Rustan, thanks for stopping by during my teaching of the game at LinCon (@ Allt på ett kort)! You really caught me off guard there.

Great ideas by all winners, looking forward seeing some of them being implemented in future expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Beite Løken
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RustanR wrote:

Quite a few interesting cards there. I have to admit, what I want the most is simply more civs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, more nation boards is clearly the most requested expansion meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brice Coullaut
France
Saint-Herblain
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very happy about the contest results but I also thought we would have the privilege of discovering the next set of promo cards. Rustan do you have any information about that ? Are some of the proposed cards got your attention?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Promos are not decided yet, we have many we'd like to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thing you increased the number of winners to 6. Thank you for that.

I think it would be cool to post a shortlist for potential promo cards, like you did last time. I dont know if sth like this already exists?!?

Also, do you think any card proposals from the expansion design contest have a chance to be published as promo card or even the chance to become part of the potential expansion?

The last conetest you added the data / mechanism to the cards, right?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there are many interesting cards and effects that we'd like to incorporate in an expasion in some form. No, I do not think we'll post a shortlist for promo selection, but it could be fun. Means more work though as we'd need to finish several sets to choose from, potentially delaying expansion work. It is up to the publisher to decide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brice Coullaut
France
Saint-Herblain
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think that some contibutors of the last contest would be very happy (like me) to have a shortlist of the best (for the designer team) promo cards ideas. Of course this would be just as an indication, not the final promo cards that will be published. I understand that this is subject to approval by the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont want you to spend much time on this but you need / want to make a decision about which cards to release as promos anyway, dont you?

And it would be awesome if you share your thoughts here, like you did with the designer diary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not want to promise anything specific, let's see what we can do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RustanR wrote:
I do not want to promise anything specific, let's see what we can do

Any tendencies yet ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All 4 of us are at the same place right now, working on the expansion It takes time though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.